• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I launch an adobe app on Windows 10, it asks me to deactivate my desktop, the one I am on

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently something annoying has been happening.

I have adobe mounted on my DESKTOP and my LAPTOP. I mostly use the one on my DESKTOP.

Yet, each time I launch Photoshop or Illustrator or any app, I am asked to login again, which is annoying in and on itself, but then it shows me a list of computer Adobe is installed on:

DESKTOP   LAPTOP

Where desktop is the machine I am on, yet I have to deactivate DESKTOP so that I can then Activate the very same machne.

This happens each and every time.

I don't have another desktp and going by the name shown, it is indeed my machine (which is DESKTOP-MY-NAME).

Obviously, it's not the end of the world as we know it, but why does Adobe see my Desktop machine as two separate entitis even though they are one and the same?

Is this something that happens to other people and how do I fix it? Why doesn't Adobe recognize that I am indeed on the very machine it is asking me to deactivate?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

If this doesn't help please post more detailed informations about your system.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines