• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Existing installs not showing in CC after WIN 10 reinstall

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick recap: Windows 10 March update hosed my PC and I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. Luckily, all my personal & work docs, & most applications were installed on my SSD drive, so I didn't lose much. I have reinstalled CC but it doesn't recognize the existing installs of  CC apps, even though I changed the install path to the same directory. I am reinstalling the apps I need (no big problem) but I can't use CC to uninstall the 2020 versions of my CC apps. Any suggestions? Would like to free up that space on the 2nd drive.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

After installing an OS, you need to install the software again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Registry is a special Windows file that contains "pointers" to installed programs

Your WR now does not contain pointers to anything you did not install fresh, so the old programs do not exist as far as WR knows, which of course means they can't be uninstalled

I have never had this problem, but what ** I ** would do is simply delete the old programs using Windows File Explorer

For more information about Windows Registry do a search at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After installing an OS, you need to install the software again.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines