• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experienced Mac users:Stuck on which Macbook Pro processor and memory to go for. Advice appreciated.

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I work a lot between Adobe AfterEffects, Illustrator and Photoshop and have just returned a 2020 Macbook Air for a refund as I was still having issues with lag for large documents and generally high CPU issues. 
Upon advice, I am buying a Macbook Pro instead. The main reason is that I need to have a Mac that is quick and seamless when working between Illustrator/Photoshop and After Effects and able to manage multiple tasks.
Which processor and memory should I go for? I can upgrade one with my available budget... Should I upgrade the memory to 32GB instead of 16GB or upgrade the processor from the i5 processor to the i7 processor? Any advice from experienced Mac users? 
If you believe that upgrading both is necessary to stop lag/crashing applications - I will upgrade both. But it will be way out of budget so am hoping only one is necessary. Really am stuck on which to go for if I don't necessarily need both.  

Advice appreciated greatly! Image attached of options.Macbook Pro 2020.PNG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“high cpu issues” can’t be resolved with more memory. Hard working apps will use the CPU flat out, causing the machine to get hot and the fan to run, and I love it when this happens - this is great because you’re getting what you paid for! A faster CPU will run hot too but perhaps for less time.  So... what high CPU issues do you want to resolve? Does it have to be a MacBook, serious video work especially is best done on a workstation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines