Highlighted

ExtendScript Toolkit for macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I had to install Adobe CC ExtendScript Toolkit to use the HP SmartStream Designer module with the Enfocus Switch program. If I now upgrade to MacOSX Catalina, ExtendScript Toolkit will no longer work. Is there already a successor available for this, otherwise I can no longer use my package.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ExtendScript Toolkit for macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I had to install Adobe CC ExtendScript Toolkit to use the HP SmartStream Designer module with the Enfocus Switch program. If I now upgrade to MacOSX Catalina, ExtendScript Toolkit will no longer work. Is there already a successor available for this, otherwise I can no longer use my package.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  need to ask HP what their plans are. Their module won't run either unless the remake it for Catalina. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there should be a successor to Extendscript Toolkit because it will no longer work under Catalina, so I think Adobe should come up with something so that 64 bit programs will work under Catalina again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need it for Photoshop, i need it for InDesign in combinatie with Enfocus Switch

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info in that link covers the product ExtendScript Toolkit whatever you want it for. It isn't going to happen, so contact HP and ask them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ten A LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESTK already stopped maintain and Catalina does not support it anymore. Adobe released the Visual Studio Code plugin for developing and debugging ExtendScript.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/exchange/extendscript-debugger-for-visual-studio-code-1-0-1-update/td... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines