• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

failing update for LRC

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cloud desktop is telling me that it cannot update my Lightroom Classic because of an open app.  However the Manager program for windows tells me that there is no Adobe product running. However the update function will still not work. (The only app running was my email service). Where do I go from here?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the exact error message?

Which operating system and version do you use?

Have you reboot your computer and then tried to install the update?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10    No accelerating hardware  Dell all in one with intel
processor 16 gig RAM and 2 terabyte disk drive with additional 5 TB
external drive.

Here is the print screen of the task manager report on running
processes. Earlier there was a generic message telling me to look up the
solution for the problem which basically set to to the task manager and
find what processes are running which are interfering with the upgrade. 
I did that and that is all I got back from the task manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but there's no screenshot.

My questions again:

Do you have reboot your computer and then try the update again?

What's the exact error message? Which app or process is open and block the update?

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them.

insert graphic mini.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise for the delay in replying to you.  I am using windows 10 which I keep updated automatically.  The computer reboots after each update usually at night. When I got the error message I did what was asked ie to check what programmes were running. However there were no user programmes running on the machine  just the update via Adobe cloud.  I have not tried rebooting my machine as it is otherwise running well.  I tried to copy the build of Lighroom Classic  but it seems I am not allowed to copy and paste that  however it ended in e92d50bb.

I don't have anything else to show you

Thanks

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you logged in on your machine as an Admin or an user with Admin rights?

If no login as an Administrator and try again.

Try to create a new user account with Admin rights an check if you can update your Lightroom installation. Sometimes the user profil in windows can be corrupt.

If this doesn't help I would recommend a clean reinstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel     No I didn't do any of  those things and that might be the cause of the problem. I am perhaps just a user without administrative rights. I will investigate this. Thanks for the insight. Do you have to be an administrator to be able to update the software? The complex legal issues that these companies create is difficult to negotiate.  I purchased Adobe acrobat some years ago, but nowbecause it is a creative cloud product, every time I want to print or look at any PDF on my machine I have to log into Adobe. It is an intrusive affront.   I do not want to use Google or Facebook for logging in to Adobe as I suspect that just gives them unlimited intrusion rights.

I will now have to try to stay away from Adobe whenever I use PDF documents. I feel that they are beginning to own the operation of my machine. Microsoft is the same.

I apologise for wandering off on this diatribe.

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In follow up. Yesterday Lightroom froze and crashed my computer.  I had to reboot the system.  When everything came back I found that somehow Lightroom now says that it is up to date!  I suppose it was getting restive with my lack of response to its requests and acted up.?

Anyway the problem has now gone away without my active involvement. I guess that is the future.  Thanks for your help Axel

Sockit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that things are more complicated and I need much more help now.   As I mentioned above Lightroom seems to be updated. However the plu in Negative Lab Pro would not run. I was about to get help with finding what the problem was when trying it a second time it restarted. However did not follow the same steps as in the past. However the output fom the conversion of the negatives was superb.  So I kept going. Then suddenly it reverted to the earlier pattern of operation.  So I continued to use it.  Then halfway through another conversion it stopped.with half processed images.  I did not know what to do and decided to close lightroom and as my machine normally makes a back up copy let it proceed. but suddenly became afraid that the copy might be all mixed up and I hit the cancel button.   That has resulted in the lightroom becoming completely disconnected from the back up copies.

I therefore tried to run what seemed to be the last back up image which successfully found images I had been working on, but now the database is fouled up and it cannot find at least half of the images.  The image file is intact and I can direct lightroom how to find the images, however it just cannot seem to rebuild the data base.

I am going to leave it running overnight in the hope that it will sort itself out..However I would appreciate someone's sage advice.  I am within days of publishing the whole thing and can't afford to make a mistake. I realise that I will have to contact the negative lab forum on that issue and whether there is some incompatibility from the latest updated of lighroom.

Thanks

Sockit

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After sleepig on the problem I realise that I probably have tried to open up the wrong backup copy of lightroom. I don't really understand how these are organised and how to go one step backwards.   I think that might be my dilemma.I have just found a file without any particular structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines