• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Info CS6 opening blank

Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using CS6 and want to open the "file info" dialogue box to save metadata. However, when I select it from the drop down menu, a blank box opens which only disappears if I press "ESC".

Does anyone have any idea why the dialogue box is appearing blank.

Thanks, Ron

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you embed your screenshot in your original post instead of providing a download link which we rather not use.

2020-04-21_16-37-27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, environment information such as the OS version being used is also required.
CS6 will be an old application 8 years ago and the required environment will be old.
(Windows XP, 7, 8 and OS X 10.6 - 10.9)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry - I didn't realise I had to do that.

I use Windows 10 Home v1909

Thanks.

cartoonist_ron_0-1587654403050.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that used to work and has stopped working?

If yes to above, did it stop working after an automatic Win10 update?

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tom,

Regrettably neither of those solutions worked. I ran the .exe file as administrator but got the same result when I opened the 'file info' box, and trying to create another local administrator account resulted in the dialogue box which would have allowed me to input details appearing blank, then a few seconds later an error message stating "something has gone wrong!" 

I've never used the 'file info' box before. I decided to start putting copyright information and a watermark on my drawings, and read that one of the easiest ways is to do it via thatt method.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Regards, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines