Highlighted

Folder Icons

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an admittedly silly issue. When I look at my folder icons in C:/Program Files/Adobe I note that some have nifty folder icons and some do not. How can I get them all to look nifty? I presume there's some sort of dll being referenced that has them all contained therein, but I can't seem to locate it.Untitled-1.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Abambo | Adobe Community Professional

You can assume that it is the product installation that sets the icon. I suppose that this is a new gimmick that Adobe uses as it works a) also on Windows 7 and b) only some of the products are using this feature. It is not e feature, however, where I would put much effort in. I really rarely go looking in those install directories.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folder Icons

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an admittedly silly issue. When I look at my folder icons in C:/Program Files/Adobe I note that some have nifty folder icons and some do not. How can I get them all to look nifty? I presume there's some sort of dll being referenced that has them all contained therein, but I can't seem to locate it.Untitled-1.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Abambo | Adobe Community Professional

You can assume that it is the product installation that sets the icon. I suppose that this is a new gimmick that Adobe uses as it works a) also on Windows 7 and b) only some of the products are using this feature. It is not e feature, however, where I would put much effort in. I really rarely go looking in those install directories.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google your os and how to change folder icons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know how to change the folder icons. I just don't know where Adobe is storing the bespoke icons it uses for all of its products.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

navigate to the respective install directories.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the programs that do have the nifty folder icon, I can not find that particular icon in, for instance, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. I presume I'm looking for a *.dll file but none of them in that directory seem correct. Clicking on the folders that do look right don't really illuminate the issue as there's nothing in the properties dialog that indicates where those icons are being pulled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select the exe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 2
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see the icons there now. Unfortunately, we I select an icon to change my folder to, nothing happens. What's interesting is that I have Adobe installed on my laptop and my workstation. The exact same apps have the nifty folder icons on both (AE, Aud, Br, AME, PS, and PPro). I wonder if the others just don't have that feature? At any rate, for illustrator, for instance, I can select the icon, but when I apply it, the folder doesn't change...it stays the same generic Win10 icon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
dfj0 LATEST
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the folder icon by right clicking in the folder and choose properties. Go to security and click add. Add users and change the users permission to allow Modify

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0