Highlighted

Free Creative Cloud for school sending "Free Trial" message

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on Thursday I installed a couple of Creative Cloud apps (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and After Effects) using the free CC license that I received due to my school's closure. I was able to open and use all four apps on Thursday when I installed them, but today upon opening any of the apps, I am prompted to start a seven-day trial. I've also seen other people are having this problem, but no methods I've seen on the community site have helped me.

I am grateful for any help.

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Free Creative Cloud for school sending "Free Trial" message

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on Thursday I installed a couple of Creative Cloud apps (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and After Effects) using the free CC license that I received due to my school's closure. I was able to open and use all four apps on Thursday when I installed them, but today upon opening any of the apps, I am prompted to start a seven-day trial. I've also seen other people are having this problem, but no methods I've seen on the community site have helped me.

I am grateful for any help.

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"using the free CC license that I received due to my school's closure."

Hi Joshua,

It sounds like you may have been misinformed.

This blog from Adobe explains what they are doing for the schools that had Adobe Creative Cloud in the labs. It is not a "free CC license" for students who go to a school that did not subscribe to it in their labs.

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-enables-distance-learning-globally-schools-impacted-covid-19/

If your school did subscribe to CC, then contact your school's IT department to help you.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

As the article you shared mentions, schools with subscriptions can request can request temporary at home licenses. My school did that, and I was able to access CC apps previously. For some reason, I am not able to access CC apps today, and I have seen that others have had similar problems. I'm wondering how I can get access back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 0
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your school did subscribe to CC, then contact your school's IT department to help you. Please let us know what they say.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I tried opening premiere pro again, and for some reason all of my apps are opening again. Thanks for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 1
jane-e LATEST
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's wonderful! It's possible your IT department and/or Adobe discovered the issue and fixed it on the back end. I'm glad it's working again!

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 0