• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting a long list of "Adobe App Info" generic credentials

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud and am logged into the desktop app. I have noticed recently that the more i use Cloud applications, the more new Adobe credentials I get stored to my Windows Credentials Manager. Just today, I launched Bridge and then Photoshop. After working for about an hour, I now have 44 "Adobe App" generic credentials added and 3 "Adobe User" credentials.

Why are credentials being stored?

Why so many?

Did something change with this latest version of the Cloud App (4.7.0.400)?

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit).

I just did a "Repair" on my Creative Cloud Desktop App to correct the continuous prompt for login issue. The Credentials Manager had been clean at that time.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Found this link that at least verifies that CC 2019 apps store user and license information in the Windows Credentials Manager:

User and license information issues | CC 2019

It does not explain why there are dozens of them stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this link that at least verifies that CC 2019 apps store user and license information in the Windows Credentials Manager:

User and license information issues | CC 2019

It does not explain why there are dozens of them stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great but I have to continually remove around 100 certs per day. It's messing up my company VPN ability.  How do I get it to stop loading these? I cleared it repeatedly. If they don't have a  solution, aside from me taking a half hour to clear these certs - then I have to dump acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a poor and sloppy design.  What are you doing Adobe?  You are just software, not an operating system, so please just work and keep my system clean from your leftovers.  You are leaving way to too much of a foot print on my computer and I am ready to dump you as well.  You are the leader and highest cost in your space, I expect more.  

Attached just a few entries from today and its 8:30am.  Really?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion Creative Cloud and other adobe are about the most abusive/chatty services i have seen.

Today I see there are 55 Adobe created credentials in my windows credential manager.

In addition due to ransomware we have turned up the antivirus setings and all day long Adobe service keep trying to write to protected folders. 

This really is not fair to clutter up our machines and waste valubale resources.

Please consider toning it down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such an old Topic, but still dozens of crendentials get stored - I don´t even use Adobe Apps, but installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App for presentation purposes.

For the People who are still trying to remove the credentials in a non-manual way, here is how to do it.

Open "Powershell". You can find it in the Windows Start Menu (Windows 10)

Unfortunately I´ve already deleted my credentials, but the command should be like:

cmdkey /list | % {if($_ -like " Target: LegacyGeneric:target=Adobe*"){cmdkey /del:($_ -replace " Target: ","")}}

To better understand the command above, here is the simple version to delete "Part1" of the saved credentials:

cmdkey /del:("LegacyGeneric:target=Adobe User OS Info(Part1)")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Dejan24505512021a 

for german version of windows you need to adjust the command a little bit:

cmdkey /list | % {if($_ -like " Ziel: LegacyGeneric:target=Adobe*"){cmdkey /del:($_ -replace " Ziel: ","")}}

If you copy the command above it doesnt work at first, cause copy & pasting it from the browser just removed the additional necessary spaces in front of "Ziel"

Just write "cmdkey /list" and copy the whole line where adobe occurs. Also make sure you add the right spaces after "cmdkey /del:($_ -replace " ", in front of Target (english version of Windows) or Ziel (german version of Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the generic credentials are giving you trouble use this (english - canada)

cmdkey /list | Select-String "Adobe" -SimpleMatch | ForEach-Object { cmdkey /delete:($_ -replace "^.+?Target: ","") }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines