• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting error 43 when trying to update Creative Cloud.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to update the Creative Cloud app, it sticks at 71% and shows an error reading "Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again.(Error code: 43)." I've tried multiple times, and even after a system restart and a permissions repair I get the same error. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

I went through the rounds on this issue with chat support. I will list the steps and also the chat session we had here:

Steps:

1. open activity monitor and close all Adobe related applications
  2. navigate to: /Library/Application support/Adobe
  3. In that directory you will see a folder named OOBE - Rename that folder to OOBEold
  4. Navigate to: MAC HD /Application/Utilities directory
  5. In there you will see a folder called "Adobe Application Manager" - delete it
  6. Download the Adobe Cleaner Tool from here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems/_jcr_content/main-pars/accordion_container_1/accordion-par/accordion-item-1/accordion-item-par/procedure/proc_par/step_3/step_par/download/file.res/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really recommend chatting with support. I worked for more than two weeks trying to solve this on my own, and after watching what the tech person did (you can see them working when you share you screen to let them log in) I'm sure I never would have done what they did. More importantly - it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Are you on a Mac or PC? If you're on a Mac, please try the steps I outlined earlier in this thread:

1. Open finder and navigate to  [Macintosh HD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  2. Right-click on the Adobe folder and select "Get Info"
  3. At the very bottom, unlock the lock icon and enter your password
  4. Change the permission so it is Read-Write for Everyone
  5. Click the Gear icon and select "Apply to enclosed items..."
  6. Re-run the Update Creative Cloud Installer.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be nice if they could solve this issue. I am getting the error 43 when I went to the page to look up the errors its not even listed! Now we have to contact support and go delete and re install the software just to use it. How about adding a dont update button so we can use the existing software and deal with this when WE have time. Having to do this on a busy workday is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines