• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Error Code P4 when installing Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Adobe Suite using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool on my Mac. I'm trying to reinstall, and keep getting the "Error code: P4" when it's around 44% installed. What should I do?

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 11.54.15 AM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Thanks, Shannonc63086290.  If you are installing on a computer and network that you manage yourself, then please utilize the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to remove and reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or encounter any additional errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shannonc63086290, what type of Creative Cloud membership do you have?  Are you downloading and installing the CC apps through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application as discussed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps ?

Error P4 occurred when the installer was invoked with invalid parameters.  I look forward to your update on the process you used to begin the download and install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud membership (one-year). The Adobe Creative Cloud

desktop application was uninstalled so it's not on my computer; that's what

I'm trying to install and am getting the error message.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:52 PM Jeff A Wright <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, Shannonc63086290.  Please use an alternate web browser and begin the download and install process as discussed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

If you continue to encounter errors, then please update this public forum discussion with the process that was used to previously remove the Creative Cloud desktop app and any other installed Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,yes, I've followed the instruction on the "Download and install your Creative Cloud apps" page.

I've downloaded it via Chrome and Safari, get the same error message using the Installer each time at around 44%. Here's a screenshot of the installer before I get the error message.

To uninstall the adobe cloud desktop app, I used the uninstaller in Utilities, and then I deleted all the apps by putting them in the trash and then finally using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 6.32.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Shannonc63086290.  If you are installing on a computer and network that you manage yourself, then please utilize the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to remove and reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or encounter any additional errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps and deleted Adobe cache files. I think somehow in the processes of updating to 2019, uninstalling and deleting the program files the cache grew significantly and was taking up 90% of my drive space. I cleared those all out and was able to reinstall again. Thanks for your sending the link to http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-crea… , that was the most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for the update, Shannonc63086290!  I am glad you are now able to utilize your Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue but unfortunately the page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud.kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html is 404...

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Finaly reboot my Mac in safe mode, and was able to (re)install everything fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines