Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hair pulling experience with Adobe Support via Chat

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone had gone through the same frustrating experience with Adobe support via the Chat channel. It is a virtual nightmare.

Recently, i decided to continue with the Adobe Lightroom CC subscription after a 3 months free subscription.

So, i initiated a chat hoping that Adobe could facilitate the subscription as due to a unknown reason, i could not complete it online due to limitation on the form.

It took me 4 attempts (4 different days) with different support staffs before i finally got my subscription done.

I had chatted with the Sales, Technical and Billing team on different occasions.

My horror experience:

1- I asked for monthly billing, but it was setup and billed as annual - reason given was he got confused with another client he was supporting the same time. Asked me to wait for 20 minutes and the changes will be reflected on the system. I was asked to logout and login from my profile to check later. After 1 day, nothing changes. I had to contact Adobe again as the changes was obviously not done properly, hence the system is still showing the annual billing setup;Puzzling.

2- In a subsequent encounter, i chatted to inquire the details of adding other Adobe products into my current subscription. To my horror, before i could confirm if i want to commit to the add-on, the support person went ahead to initiate the changes in the system.

3- In different chat session, i requested to add on Photoshop into the Lightroom CC 20GB currently subscribed. I asked if there is a better pricing for Lightroom and Photoshop bundle with 1 TB. I would expect the support staff to provide advise on how i can achieve or purchase the USD14.40 per month subscription (I only found out there is such a package later on my own). Instead, i was told its USD 20.99 per month and he could provide me with a USD1 discount..LOL. Unbelievable!

And finally after all my subscription requests were resolved, it left me with a list of messy bills to deal with;

There were 8 transactions from Adobe. Refunds were not completely done for all wrong charges made. Eg. In one of the refund, the subscription was refunded but tax refund was missed out. Inconsistent with the refund done for other transactions. And some transaction was not refunded.

I had to initiate chat session with the support person again and simple things made complicated once again.

Good thing that i got myself prepared with the billing info on a excel table. I had to feed the info and explain why and why and why.

My point is, dont the billing staff has a proper view into the transactions for each existing client? and take an overview of the gap when it comes to billing?

While the staff is helpful, i strongly suspect communication/understanding is lacking, focus is lacking ( due to multitasking on a few support sessions maybe?), inconsistency in process just to name a few.

Dear Adobe,

You need to train your support staff better, please! Their performance is a direct reflection of the company credibility.

You can check on my profile to understand the chat contents i had with your support staffs.

I spent so much time just to get things right on simple requests.

This is not what i would expect from a reputable and established company.

And i honestly hope i do not have the chance to contact the support staff again ever.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear about your support odyssey. However, there are means to get this escalated if you want.

Please let us know if

a) all your troubles are solved

b) you got the plans you wanted

c) all the refunds have been done.

If you need, we can advice on the exact plans you need to take.

FYI: I am a user like you are and as we ACPs can not solve your trouble with Adobe support, we could try to find knowledgeable Adobe Staff looking into your case.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

a) all your troubles are solved - Pending 2 refunds to take place after speaking to the support staff on 29-Apr. I understand that it takes 5-6 working days. I will monitor.

b) you got the plans you wanted - Yes

c) all the refunds have been done - As per item (a).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Addixon,

wrote

a) all your troubles are solved - Pending 2 refunds to take place after speaking to the support staff

Please let me know if you need additional help. (as per item a). Have a nice day.

A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 6 working days and i have not received the 2 refunds yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Addixon,

So sorry to hear about such a frustrating experience. I have sent you a private message, please check. If you have a case ID from the chat, please pass it along in the private message, so we can ensure the team is properly coached to prevent this from happening to you or anyone else again. I will also check the status of the refund and follow up in the PM.

Thanks,

Chandni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ive replied you with my ID.

As for the caseID, i cant find it from the chat history.

I supposed you can access to the historical chat from the system.

Meanwhile, can you help to investigate into the 2 pending refund please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did not hear from you as well 😉

And so i proceeded to contact Adobe Support again today.

And i was told my refunds are in process.

And the support staff (Purnima) then says she will update the notes in the previous case and the refund will get initiated.

And i will get the refunds in 2-3 days.

Puzzling.. if the refunds were already done on 29-April-2019 and i was asked to wait 5-7 days for it to happen,  then why is there a need to initiate it again and wait another 2-3 days for the refund to take place?

It is quite obvious to me that something was not done right during the 29-April support session. No?

This is getting really consistent, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addixon  wrote

I did not hear from you as well 😉

Neither did you answer as you could have... I saw you answer ( 4 days ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied on 6-May.

That's to allow 5-7 days working days to confirm if i get the refund.

Then chandanis49715797 PM me as well. And i replied to her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I've finally received the 2 refunds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - Just got off chat (after great difficulty even finding it).  Spent an hour with the agent, who was actually qualified, however.  I had spent months prior trying to fathom how to stop the recurring billing on a two month offer.

I started my chat with "How do I get out of this billing nightmare?"  A-Dopey has gotten too big and successful and feel customer service is now optional.  That begins their death spiral as better competitors will move in, just like AT&T's bad CS killed their cell phones, etc.

HERE'S THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT LIVE NUMBER I MANGAGED TO OBTAIN:  1800/833-6687  Haven't called it yet, but they guaranteed it will be good......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines