• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard drive failed, can't deactivate prior CS5 download and can't activate on new computer.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to activate my CS5 suite due to the second activation being on a machine where the hard drive failed. I need to get Adobe to clear that older activation which would allow the new activation to work when you I try it again. But I can't get anyone at Adobe to get this done. How should I proceed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nkottler,

Welcome to the Community!

Contact our Adobe support and they will help you with the activation, check your options here: http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support with an internet chat and was told that they cannot help me since CS5 Design Premium was an old version that Adobe doesn't support anymore. I asked if there is a phone number I could call and was told I would get the same answer by phone, too. I suppose I could try again, but it was very irritating to be told I can't use something I purchased and should have every right to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, send me a private message with your contact details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should answer the questions where others can see the answer.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true everyone should see it.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This message is almost 7 years old... what was said then may not be the case now

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines