Highlighted

Having a difficult time uninstalling all Adobe Software

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe CC on my Mac and ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Adobe CC, but I also had InDesign CS6 and Photoshop CS6 in my applications folder and only the Photoshop was removed. The InDesign remained. However, the Cleaner Tool did manage to delete the CS6 uninstall tool that was in the InDesign folder, which I guess I needed to delete it. I contacted support and they told me to just drag it to the trash, leaving years and many versions worth of Adobe support files scattered in my system folders. When pressed for a better solution, they told me to delete Adobe folders in ~/library/Application support/, /Library/Application Support/, and ~/Library/Preference/. Only the first listed Adobe files and they weren't in the ~/Library/Application support/ folder, they were in a Utilities folder inside Applications. When completed, he told me to run the Creative Cloud cleanup tool again.

When I ran it again, I got an error message. I am hoping the error is that there were no Adobe files to delete, but it doesn't say what the error is, it just says "Uninstallation of Creative Cloud desktop completed with errors". What does that mean? Is the Adobe really gone or what? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having a difficult time uninstalling all Adobe Software

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe CC on my Mac and ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Adobe CC, but I also had InDesign CS6 and Photoshop CS6 in my applications folder and only the Photoshop was removed. The InDesign remained. However, the Cleaner Tool did manage to delete the CS6 uninstall tool that was in the InDesign folder, which I guess I needed to delete it. I contacted support and they told me to just drag it to the trash, leaving years and many versions worth of Adobe support files scattered in my system folders. When pressed for a better solution, they told me to delete Adobe folders in ~/library/Application support/, /Library/Application Support/, and ~/Library/Preference/. Only the first listed Adobe files and they weren't in the ~/Library/Application support/ folder, they were in a Utilities folder inside Applications. When completed, he told me to run the Creative Cloud cleanup tool again.

When I ran it again, I got an error message. I am hoping the error is that there were no Adobe files to delete, but it doesn't say what the error is, it just says "Uninstallation of Creative Cloud desktop completed with errors". What does that mean? Is the Adobe really gone or what? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner tool should remove all adobe software if you tell it to and or allow it to.

Run it again and this time select remove all or whatever option there is to Remove All Adobe software from the system

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 1