• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help installing photoshop on MBP 2019

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 13in MBP 2019 running Catalina. And I'm trying to install Photoshop any version with my Creative Cloud account. Do I need to upgrade my GFX card before I can use Photoshop on this machine or is there an older version I can install that is compatible with the factory GFX card ? The GPU is 

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB. I've been trying to install photoshop 2020 from an older installer but it keeps bouncing me to an error 41 that disabling my firewall doesn't fix. Any help is greatly appreciated~

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorraine, sorry you are encountering problems installing Photoshop CC 2020. The 2019 MacBook Pro should be able to install and run Photoshop 2020 easily. The system requirements for Photoshop can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html.

Can you confirm that you encounter Error 41 while completing the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html to install Photoshop CC? Do you see any other errors during the download and install process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install from the Creative Cloud app it simply says "installation failed" and when I try to install from the desktop installer of an older version I downloaded, it sends me the error 41 message. I'm root user and I have my firewall disabled so I don't know what else the issue could be! Any help or guidance is so appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Lorraine. Error Code 41 indicates the installer is being denied access to write to the computer's hard drive. Please review the settings for any installed security software to verify there are no pending updates and that it does not block the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your computer user profile have administrative permissions to install software?

If not, create a new computer user profile or contact your IT dept for assistance.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines