• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Adobe Portfolio Photography Collections Please!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  I am new to Adobe Portfolio where I am setting up some digital photography displays. I am having a hard time figuring out Collection configurations.

In a given Collection I can set up Pages of images.  However, I would like to set up a Collection within a Page.

(Ie.  In a Collection called Home, I have pages called Garden or House, and in those pages are photos.  I would like to set up a page called Misc by Year, whereby a click on this Page would launch me into a new collection broken down by year.)  

So far I am only able to show Collections on the Navigation Bar, and I don't want to do this.  I want a page to launch into a new Collection, like folders within folders.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?  I would be much obliged.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Not possible.  Collections (formerly called Galleries) are collections of project pages with cover images that link out to the respective sub-pages.  Nesting is not possible.  You cannot place a Collection inside a sub-page. 

Also Portfolio cannot filter content by year.  But you can use as much content as you wish on individual pages including PhotoGrids, text, images, videos, embedded content from other sites and outbound links to other sites or pages within your Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'll check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.  Collections (formerly called Galleries) are collections of project pages with cover images that link out to the respective sub-pages.  Nesting is not possible.  You cannot place a Collection inside a sub-page. 

Also Portfolio cannot filter content by year.  But you can use as much content as you wish on individual pages including PhotoGrids, text, images, videos, embedded content from other sites and outbound links to other sites or pages within your Portfolio.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SJ AL HMAIDI,

There is nothing to update.  Feel free to submit feature requests to UserVoice where Adobe's product engineers will see them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines