Highlighted

High memory usage by creative cloud desktop

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my Creative Cloud Desktop application uses 100% of my computer memory (RAM) and then after a few minutes it crashes.

I don't find any solution how to solve this. So, for now my adobe application don't get any updates.

I already try a full uninstall / cleaning / reinstall with adobe cleaning tools but the problem is still here.

I also have the latest version, installed from today 29.05.2020.

Does anyone have an idea what to do?

OS: Windows 10 Business version 2004 build 19041.264 with latest updates.

Computer: DELL Precision 5820

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

High memory usage by creative cloud desktop

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my Creative Cloud Desktop application uses 100% of my computer memory (RAM) and then after a few minutes it crashes.

I don't find any solution how to solve this. So, for now my adobe application don't get any updates.

I already try a full uninstall / cleaning / reinstall with adobe cleaning tools but the problem is still here.

I also have the latest version, installed from today 29.05.2020.

Does anyone have an idea what to do?

OS: Windows 10 Business version 2004 build 19041.264 with latest updates.

Computer: DELL Precision 5820

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything new?

Nobody has this problem?

The problem is still there with the new version of Creative Cloud Desktop...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't let that Adobe app run. There is no need for it to start with the system. You don't need it running to use all the other Adobe Programs. I also turn off all the Totally Stupid Auto Update features.

Give that a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer.

Yes, this is what I've done actually.

But, this app starts automatically again when an update of some adobe product is available.

And then the problem will occur again.

And without it you won't be alerted when an update is available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If software is working, why do you need all the latest updates?  I often skip the dot updates entirely.  And I only upgrade when I want to, after all the bugs are sorted.

I have disabled notifications and auto updates for everything except CC desktop app.  I also disabled CC desktop app from auto loading on startup from my operating system's settings.  The only time I open CC desktop app is when I need it for something I can't do any other way.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0