Highlighted

HomeSite - formerly from Macromedia

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a disc w/HomeSite 5; tried installing on a new computer and I am not able to enter license info:  all I get is a black bar w/Quit and Information. How do I add my license SN so I can use the program?

Thanks

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HomeSite - formerly from Macromedia

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a disc w/HomeSite 5; tried installing on a new computer and I am not able to enter license info:  all I get is a black bar w/Quit and Information. How do I add my license SN so I can use the program?

Thanks

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped support in 2011 https://www.adobe.com/support/homesite/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply John. I did see they stopped supporting HomeSite but was hoping either someone else had the same issue and found a solution or Adobe had a file that would 'unlock' the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you could register HomeSite which  is impossible because the servers are long gone.  WHY would anyone be interested in outdated web software?  Too much has changed in web standards since HomeSite was discontinued in 2009.

The modern web requires a modern code editor.  Get Adobe Brackets.  It's free.

http://brackets.io/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Homesite is the best raw coding tool I've used; easily the best for large-scale bulk replacement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. on Brackets; see it easily mangles code...Will check it out more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines