• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Find Out How Many Activations My LR4 License has?

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems impossible to contact Adobe directly. I want to know which of my email addresses is connected to the account where my copy of LR4 is registered. Then I want to know how many activations it is currently assigned, as I believe I may have left it installed on a pc I got rid of many years ago. Is there a file in the software package of LR4 that I can access which will provide me with my licensing details?

When LR4 is opened, in the Help menu is an option to regsiter the product, which I am surprised I have not already done (perhaps I have). When I try to register though, unsurprisingly, the process fails.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Have you tried going to this page?

Adobe Account

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you move my question? I don't have CC. I thought I was in the LR forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process fails because Lightroom 4 is no longer supported and the activation servers have been taken offline.

You will need to contact Adobe Support to get help with this.

Go to this link:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Learn & Support

Then click the chat icon at the bottom right of the screen from the computer you are trying to activate on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kstohlmeyer1,

I've been to that page, but, the headfones icon (right centre at lower half of page) with 'Start Now' text link below it, returns directly to the customer care page, which, in turn offers no chat option, only the primary support themes &, below them, popular topics. I've already cycled through the appropriate download & install options which offer no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a modern desktop browser like Chrome or Firefox that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers

1. Log-in with your Adobe ID (e-mail) and password below.
    Contact Customer Care
  2. Click the chat bot icon (see screeenshot)
    CC-chatbot-icon.jpg
  3. Type AGENT followedd by Enter key and wait for a human.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the latest Firefox, however I do have cookie, tracking, scripting protection etc. So I will remember to disable them if necessary should I need to access the service in the future. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 didn't have activation, that was introduced with version 6, I think. It only required a valid serial number, and there was no way to activate or deactivate it.

This is pretty old software, so I wouldn't worry too much about forgetting to uninstall it on an old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to this page?

Adobe Account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kstohlmeyer1,

The product is listed with it's code. I have been informed though, that no activation was necessasry with this version, so I imagine it will be useable on another device when installed with the product code.

Thanks for your time & assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines