• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get fonts for Illustrator?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need more fonts for Illustrator. I click the Typekit button and search the website for fonts. When I find one I like, I click it, and look at it, but can't find any way to download it.

Perhaps complicating this issue: I'm a paying customer, but my creative cloud account for some reason says I'm not paying and am using free and trial services. Annoyingly, I can't get a customer support phone number, because the website reserves that for a paying customer, which it mistakenly believes I am not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

I've got to eat my hat. Turns out I signed in with the wrong email address. I want to be absolutely certain that anyone in the future who reads this thread knows that Adobe is absolutely 100% not at fault, and ignorant users like myself should figure out how to use log in credentials before they complain!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typekit is no more.  It was renamed Adobe Fonts. 

1. Log-in to the Adobe Fonts website with your paid ID and password.
  2. Click on My Fonts to see which fonts you have activated. 

https://fonts.adobe.com/my_fonts

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. I've got a link on the font page that says to subscribe to creative cloud. I'm already subscribed. I pay monthly. It still says I have a free account.

And just a note: somebody really needs to look at simplifying this entire flow. I can't see any purpose for the creative cloud app at all. If I need to download something, I can sign in at the website, right? Why do I have to have this app running? It's a total waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is in the question. You need to use the Creative Cloud app, NOT THE WEBSITE, to manage your fonts in Adobe Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems needlessly complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the app for Creative Cloud, that's made for installing fonts, to install fonts - the app whose purpose you could not surmise until I told you this - is needlessly complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidf97879629, I am showing that the Creative Cloud membership, associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, has been canceled.

Do you still have an active CC membership?  What type of membership are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use this alot, so I don't know the details, but I've been paying for it monthly. Is there a way I can get someone in customer service to give me a call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidf97879629, our support team is ready to assist you at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  Please begin a chat session so the specifics of your situation can be discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a suboptimal solution which I attempted before I came here. Very frustrating that I'm being told I'm not a paying customer and so I have to chat with a robot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are bored with the robot type AGENT to say you want a human. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a difficult time, Davidf978796629.  All of us are currently affected by the global pandemic.

Account related inquires must be conducted in a private setting for security purposes.  You are currently posting in a public discussion forum that is accessible to anyone with Internet access.

As Test_Screen_Name indicated, you will have the opportunity to speak with a person via chat.  Please continue to be patient as we are experiencing a high volume of people contacting our support team during the current pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got to eat my hat. Turns out I signed in with the wrong email address. I want to be absolutely certain that anyone in the future who reads this thread knows that Adobe is absolutely 100% not at fault, and ignorant users like myself should figure out how to use log in credentials before they complain!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, David!  I am pleased to hear you were able to resolve the difficulties you were facing and can now access the fonts from within Illustrator.

I think we have all been guilty of either wrong login names and/or passwords while trying to access different services.  It gets even more difficult since the best practice is to use a different password for each service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines