• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I keep my CC apps from installing to two accounts even if I installl in one account? Mac OS

Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded my creative cloud apps recently and realized that when I downloaded it for one user account the apps also showed up on my other accounts. I am currently running on a Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1. I have two accounts- one for my personal use and one for work. When I downloaded all the creative cloud apps on my personal account, it showed up on my work account. Every single Adobe app that I downloaded on my personal account, its files, folders, and etc showed up on my work account. I have previously experienced this issue in Mac OS Catalina and I wasn't able to find a solution. To sum it up really, my criteria is: I don't want any adobe-related Creative cloud apps, files, folders, etc on my work account even if I download it on my personal account. I want to keep my work account separate from my personal account and this is unfortunately unable to do. 

Please help me find a way I can keep this seperate. Thanks.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before installing anything cc did you sign in with either your personal or work adobe id and install the cc desktop app (from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud) and use it to install your adobe subscription apps for that adobe id?

did you select a non-default sync folder for your cc files with that adobe id?

did you then change adobe ids in that cc desktop app and install the apps for that account?

did you change to a different (from the other adobe id's) sync folder in that cc desktop app?

if the answer is yes to everything and that's the procedure you followed to install the cc apps and to sync cc files, that should separate the cc programs and cc files associate with your work id and your personal id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a work adobe id. I only have a personal adobe id. And yes, I was signed into my personal adobe id when installing the desktop app. 

Please talk me through what is the non-default sync folder? If you could give me a thorough and detailed explanation of what you explained above, that would be great! I am relatively new to adobe. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But since you are on the same computer that the CC apps are installed on even if you Signed In to the Coputer with a different username and password, Different User Account that would not stop you from signing in to the Adobe app using your ADOBE ID. Two Completely different Sign In's for 2 completely different things.

Buy a second computer for your work activity. Actually I have no idea why you are even doing this. If both computer user accounts have Admin Rights either can look at, an access, the files from the other user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To early for Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know Mac OS X (or is that now Mac OS XI) only has One Application folder and All Apps (Programs) get installed to that 1 Applications folder. So all apps are accessible from all User Accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just Shoot Me 

i'm not exactly sure what you mean by accessible, but the executables are visible by all using the local computer and the local sync'd folders are visible by all using the local computer.  but using an executable should require a cc sign-in with an account that has a subscription. 

and cloud files should be distinct for each sign-in so personal cloud files aren't shared with others that have access to work cloud files unless their explicitly invited to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want any Adobe apps on my work account visible or usable. I want to use my CC apps on my personal account and when I download it, I don't want it to show up in my work account. Basically, I want to keep my work separate from my personal. I don't want any adobe related applications, folders, files, etc in my work account. I want to keep my adobe related applications, files, and folders within my personal account. Hope I can get a solution to this issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Delete the Shortcuts, Aliases, to the programs in your Work Account.

You will still be able to See Them if you look in the Applications folder with Finder but they won't show on the Dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you can download for specific users folders instead of the root folder. But I am unsure of how to do this with CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is an option for CC, though you can choose a specific folder. But why do you care? The apps you MIGHT use are controlled by your Adobe ID, the only thing that matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines