Highlighted

How can I stop Adobe processes from running in the background?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been an Adobe user since college and still haven't found a solution for this. I have disabled all Adobe-related processes under Task Manager > Startup. I have "automatically check for updates" disabled in Creative Cloud Desktop. I also having any/all syncing turned off.

Still, when booting up my computer there are several Adobe processes running in the task manager. I did not start up any of Adobe's applications. No processes should be running unless I start one of the programs or open Creative Cloud. Even long after I have opened/closed a program, processes continue to run.

It makes no sense to me that any of these processes should be running if none of the applications are in use. I read here in the forums that Adobe needs to "check" to make sure you own the software. Sure, but can it please do that when I'm actually opening up the software? Why does it have to constantly run in the background?

If anyone has any ideas, please share. I am so tired of having to manually End Task all of Adobe's processes.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I stop Adobe processes from running in the background?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been an Adobe user since college and still haven't found a solution for this. I have disabled all Adobe-related processes under Task Manager > Startup. I have "automatically check for updates" disabled in Creative Cloud Desktop. I also having any/all syncing turned off.

Still, when booting up my computer there are several Adobe processes running in the task manager. I did not start up any of Adobe's applications. No processes should be running unless I start one of the programs or open Creative Cloud. Even long after I have opened/closed a program, processes continue to run.

It makes no sense to me that any of these processes should be running if none of the applications are in use. I read here in the forums that Adobe needs to "check" to make sure you own the software. Sure, but can it please do that when I'm actually opening up the software? Why does it have to constantly run in the background?

If anyone has any ideas, please share. I am so tired of having to manually End Task all of Adobe's processes.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation. On macOS. I use Lightroom once or twice a month to tweak a photo. I have disabled everything in the Creative Cloud application that requires it to do anything. Still, everytime I check to see what processes are hogging my resources, there are a few processes like "Core Sync" etc etc processes running and the colourful Adobe Desktop Service is still there. I don't have limitless resources on my machine. I want to use it for what I want to use it. 

I don't want to resort to actualy having to uninstall Adobe's software just to get it to stop running. What is the point of settings like "Don't start up on login" if it doesn't actually do that? I'm a few days away from uninstalling the software. I don't use if often enough to waste so many hours trying to get it to stop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal. If you block any services things may fail. You can experiment if you like, but be sure you are prepared for the risks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0