Highlighted

How do I change the media cache location?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help with this ASAP. I've been searching for threads with similar issue but cannot find any. Basically, i cannot change location of media cache on both After effects and Premiere. I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but a few weeks ago i had some problems with my work station. The hard drive cable was ejected several times because of poor working conditions. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but even after that, my system was working fine. Now , every time i try to change location, when i click browse , the window just closes. When i try in premiere, nothing happens. The browse button just highlights blue but nothing happens. I really need help with this. My lap top keeps filling up and i dont know what to do. I am using 13 inch macbook pro, mac os catalina v10.15.3 . all updated . thanks

Topics

Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I change the media cache location?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help with this ASAP. I've been searching for threads with similar issue but cannot find any. Basically, i cannot change location of media cache on both After effects and Premiere. I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but a few weeks ago i had some problems with my work station. The hard drive cable was ejected several times because of poor working conditions. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but even after that, my system was working fine. Now , every time i try to change location, when i click browse , the window just closes. When i try in premiere, nothing happens. The browse button just highlights blue but nothing happens. I really need help with this. My lap top keeps filling up and i dont know what to do. I am using 13 inch macbook pro, mac os catalina v10.15.3 . all updated . thanks

Topics

Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not working ... I've encoutered a new problem. When i try to open an old project , this pops out ... 

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 4.16.55 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you confirmed you successfully reset your preferences, uninstall ae, restart your computer and then reinstall it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same (or similar) problem -- did you ever resolve this? When I click on the "Choose Folder..." button, the preferences window simply disappears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
voloap84 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no 😞 i've just found ways to work around it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines