• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Deactivate Photoshop 20.0.9?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is the Download/Install forum but I thought this would be the best place to ask my question.

I'm transfering my OS to a new SSD and want to clear off my programs before I clone the OS and transfer everything to the new SSD.

I want to uninstall Photoshop and then just do a clean reinstall after the swap, but I can't find a way to deactivate my license befre I uninstall.

Searching online I found this from Adobe Help https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html but I do not have the option to Activate/Deactivate. The Creative Cloud app doesn't give me any options either.

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't find the option go ahead and reinstall the program on your new computer, if you hit the limit of activated machines you will be given a prompt to deactivate it when you launch the program. You can also deactivate from the account page. See the following article

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html#sign-out-acco...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The idea that you MUST deactivate is an important one, but it belongs the older generation of apps before Creative Cloud. In Creative Cloud, just sign out. That's all.  No need to uninstall anything, though if you're transferring it might make things cleaner, because Adobe apps, once transferred, won't work and usually have to be cleaned out and reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines