• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find and install an older version of Adobe Media Encoder (Mac)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trialing Adobe InDesign on my Mac (Snow Leopard). 

I was unable to open the installed version of AME (7.0.0). I updated to 7.0.1 via this page http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=Macintosh&product=160 but AME still wouldn't open.

As I understand it AME version 7 is only compatible with Mac OS 10.7 or higher, which would explain why it isn't opening.

Is it possible to download an older version of AME that would be compatible with Max OS 10.6.8? And if so, where do I find it? (The page above appears to have only update files.)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME does not install by itself, but with a host application like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash (I think)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, AME was installed with my copy of InDesign. Point is, it's possible to download separate updates for AME. So I'm hoping that perhaps it might also be possible to download legacy versions of AME that will work with older operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping that perhaps it might also be possible to download legacy versions of AME

On it's own, no.  With an older version of the host app, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, so if I install an older version of, I don't know, Premiere Pro will I also get Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should, if it doesn't install then in the CC app simply click the AME dropdown menu > Older Versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option is no longer present in Creative Cloud it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of May 2019, Adobe only supports the current and immediately previous version of applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Is it possible to download an older version of AME that would be compatible with Max OS 10.6.8?

Yes. You can use Adobe Media Encoder CS6, which comes with such applications as InDesign CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is it possible to download an older version of AME that would be compatible with Max OS 10.6.8? And if so, where do I find it? (The page above appears to have only update files.)

Unfortunately, the older versions(Creative Suite) are no longer manufactured. Hence, those are available for download only if you bought the perpetual license and you have the serial key for the product. This information is the same for all the creative cloud application.

For more information, I moving this thread to Creative Cloud Download & Install

Let us know if you have any other question.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines