• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix CPU Hogs - AAM Updates Notifier.exe & AdobeGCClient.exe?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system CPU is being slowed down by Adobe products.  See screenshot. 

I own several Adobe products.  They are essential for photography professionals.  However they come at a high cost.

With this situation, the computer is almost unusable.  Extremely slow.  Please help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using your cc desktop app, untick sync fonts and sync files.

retest.

if that doesn't help, confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers.

for help with that and other common secure adobe.com connection problems read, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the sync fonts and sync files checkboxes.

I passed the tests to get to the secure Adobe servers.

No change in the cpu usage.

Adobe Desktop Service.exe 25%

AAM Updates Notifier.exe 22%

Adobe GCClient.exe 23%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you connect to the adobe secure servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

Yes , I connected to the Adobe Secure Servers almost instantly using both methods.

The link above references connectivity.  I can get to the Creative Cloud and manage my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replying on this thread a few years after the post, because I'm having the same problem, paticularly with adobecgclient.exe hogging 25% of the CPU and causing the fan on my laptop to run high frequently.

I contacted tech support, they made some changes to my Windows Registry, but we got cutoff after reboot and they haven't re-contacted me. (And there seems to be no way to contact them). 

How do I fix this? It leads to a feeling that Adobe doesn't care if it hogs and bloats my system.

-Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brad, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your recent support case.  Please make sure to update the case if the error is not resolved. The case will automatically close if we do not receive a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines