• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a receipt for subscriptions?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under my Adobe ID account billing statements, I see a list of invoices, but no receipts for subscription products.  When I buy a subscription product, I get an e-mail that says "thanks for your purchase" to confirm I paid, but I only get that e-mail once, not each month when my card is charged.  I can log on to see the list of invoices in billing history, but they only say how much I was billed.  The invoices do not show how much I paid for what I was billed, or when the card was charged, or what the last four digits of the card number were.  That's the difference between an invoice and a receipt.  Businesses need receipts to confirm that they paid for invoices, to prove business expenses for taxes.  It's business 101.

If this does not belong in "Downloading, Installing, Setting Up" please let me know what category this should be in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

The following is all I have on the subject...

Print a copy of the invoice for your Adobe purchase

(Moved to Creative Cloud forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is all I have on the subject...

Print a copy of the invoice for your Adobe purchase

(Moved to Creative Cloud forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an invoice, not a receipt.  It does not state that the invoice was paid, and does not state what payment method was used nor when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might vary from country to country but receipts as you describe are rare in Australia. Those practices disappeared several years ago.

All you require nowadays is an invoice from the vendor and proof of payment from your end - credit card statement or bank statement - to verify expenses for tax purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they are very common in the U.S.  It's also extremely inconvenient to print a screenshot of my bank website ledger to save a receipt in my accounting program associated with each individual transaction.

Adobe sends a receipt by e-mail for any one-time purchase and for the first transaction of subscription purchases.  There is no reason why they should not also send or provide access to a receipt for each subsequent transaction of a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out an answer to this question? I need a receipt of payment as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also searching for a way to print a receipt. Doesn't seem like it should be so difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receipts are not rare in Australia. They aren't only required for the tax department but other organisations may need you to provide proof of a payment and these tax invoices provided by Adobe are not sufficient. Adobe needs to address this issue. Poor customer service. Please email me my receipt when I pay for my plan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need receipts. invoice does not help. especially because i am from canada andcharged in us funds and cannot determine the exchange rate unless i know the date I was charged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IRS requires the following in a receipt:

1. Name of vendor (person or company you paid)
2. Transaction date (when you paid)
3. Detailed description of goods or services purchased (what you bought)
4. Amount paid
5. Form of payment (how you paid – cash, check, or last four digits of credit card

The Adobe Invoice does not include form of payment and transaction date.  

Adobe........this is basic stuff.  Businesses need RECEIPTS not invoices.  Help make being a customer of your not a hassle, please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they do that, then you get a reminder of the expense. There is no doubt that they rely on many users forgetting about the subscription and allowing the card to be charged recurringly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMEN. This is ridiculous. Chat support keep mentioning invoices, invoices are bills, I need receipts, showing proof of payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a receipt too.  Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proof of payement is the debit of your credit card and not a recipt. I do not know about your tax needs, but I normally need an invoice. If I need a proof of payement, I attach the bank transaction to the invoice. There I have also the currency change rate if my payement is in USD or other fancy currencies.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this basic feature in 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with all the above. I am in NZ and require a receipt (proof of payment), not just an invoice for tax purposes. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use your payment method. if credit card, use that to show payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bank issues a proof of payment, except if you pay cash. Certain transactions even have to be processed through a bank in order to be able to control the flow of money. Banks are considered very trustworthy, and must be able to identify the customer at all times. As cash payments disappear, receipts are a relic from bygone times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also in NZ, needing receipts for tax purposes. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For tax purposes, I use my bank records. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: to all, posting here:

This is a user to user forum. You should write to Adobe directly or contact Adobe customer care for any payment related issues. 

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

For support via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i guess the only way to get a reciept is to request it annually  through custimer chat as your subscription is renewed. And the reciepts that do send are not was you would expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and your credit card payment records act as receipts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call customer servicve, they will send any requested receipts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should contact customer service via chat. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled, you need to accept cookies! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device and/or browser to start the interaction.

For support via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Important: Adobe does NOT contact you unsolicited by e-mail or direct message. If you get contacted by direct message from a person, claiming to be an Adobe employee, look at that profile and check if they bear the “Adobe Employee” marking under their name. Adobe support does not use Skype to give you support.
If in doubt, ask the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines