Highlighted

How do I install Lightroom without it trying to install the CC desktop app.?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Lightroom classic 9.2.1 running on Mac OS Mojave. 

I can't import or cancel import(nothing happens when you click either button, so it I get locked out of it and have to force quit. So I found there was an update for Lightroom, perhaps that would solve the issue, but when I run the installer it starts by installing CC desktop app, which I do not want or need for one Adobe app. How can I install Light room without the desktop CC app?

Thanks

Topics

CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I install Lightroom without it trying to install the CC desktop app.?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Lightroom classic 9.2.1 running on Mac OS Mojave. 

I can't import or cancel import(nothing happens when you click either button, so it I get locked out of it and have to force quit. So I found there was an update for Lightroom, perhaps that would solve the issue, but when I run the installer it starts by installing CC desktop app, which I do not want or need for one Adobe app. How can I install Light room without the desktop CC app?

Thanks

Topics

CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically you can't.

In fact I have no idea how you installed LrC to begin with without installing the CC DTA.

You do not have to have the CC DTA start with your system, there is an option for that in the CC DTA perferences.

You could look on the Pro Design Tools website to see if there is a direct download for LrC 9.3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Desktop App comes first because that's how you manage your Creative Cloud products and services.  The desktop app allows you to install/update/uninstall your other apps.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines