• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install previous versions of Creative Cloud Apps?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

Today installed adobe Creative Cloud to install Photoshop 2015 when i tried looking for the download for it i could not find it so i went on google and i could not find anything but i came across this Download/Install FAQ: How do I install previous versions of Creative Cloud Apps?  so i tried to click on the drop down menu beside Photoshop and there is no "Other Versions" option even after i installed Photoshop 2018 i clicked the drop down menu and all i see is "Open" , "View Tutorials" , and "Uninstall"

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

If you are not signed in with the Adobe ID that you used to purchase the subscription then it will not show you the "Previous version" option—that is only available with a paid Adobe CC subscription and not trials.

Confirm that you are signed in with the correct Adobe ID (email address) in Adobe CC Desktop app with which you purchased the subscription. If not, then sign out and sign in with the right Adobe ID.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KIKI66666yt,

As per your discussion, you were unable to install the previous version using Creative Cloud Desktop App. Could you please share the screenshot of the apps panel? So that we may identify the issue with Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

I would also request you to share the OS version that you are using. Please make sure you are signed in with the correct Adobe Id.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok there are the screen shots and my os version is Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.0

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots show that you're in Trial mode. Previous Versions are not available in Trial mode.

Are you paid up Cloud member?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i was but before the October update i was able to download previous versions is there a direct download to Creative cloud before the October update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing in and signing out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that i even tried even uninstalling creative cloud still wont let me see the option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests that there's no valid subscription associated with the Adobe ID with which you are signing in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently having a similar problem with this I want to install version 24 of illustrator but in my options, there's only 1 option of the previous version. How can I install the version 24? 

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 15.40.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kyra, the public discussion you responded to has not been updated since 2017. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-availability.html for a list of the currently available versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not signed in with the Adobe ID that you used to purchase the subscription then it will not show you the "Previous version" option—that is only available with a paid Adobe CC subscription and not trials.

Confirm that you are signed in with the correct Adobe ID (email address) in Adobe CC Desktop app with which you purchased the subscription. If not, then sign out and sign in with the right Adobe ID.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why was i then then able to download previous versions before even tho i had no subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiki,

You can download a free 7-day trial, and that normally resets after there is an upgrade.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muhaha.

So I pay for CS6, install it and use it.

Then I pay for CC, uninstall CS6, install CC, and use it.

Then I won't pay for CC, uninstall it, but cannot install CS6, because it wants to validate CC subscription (which expired, of course).

Then I install CC again, so I can somehow install my already payed CS6, but CC in trial mode won't show previous versions.

So, is there a way to install CS6 AFTER using CC, or do I really have to create a new Adobe ID just to install CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but cannot install CS6, because it wants to validate CC subscription

Why does non-Cloud CS6 want to validate your CC subscription?

Provided you've removed all traces of Cloud software using the Uninstaller and the Adobe Cloud Cleaner tool then CS6 perpetual should just reinstall as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does non-Cloud CS6 want to validate your CC subscription?

I have no clue, I heard info on that CS6 was already part of CC. If I have signed into CC (with the expired subscription), the starting of Photoshop CS6 did not stop on the Creative Cloud screen but just simply greets me with the text that my subscription has expired.

I have used the Uninstaller, but it is probably does not do its advertised job well, because after selecting "All" to purge, when I install the Creative Clouod app again, it immediately knows my previous email address.

I had to create a new Adobe ID, that is not connected to any cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard info on that CS6 was already part of CC.

Not quite. CS6 perpetual (non-Cloud) knows nothing about the Cloud. However, CC members have access to previous versions of their software back to CS6. Unfortunately, CS6 (Cloud) seems to take over from CS6 perpetual so when you unsubscribe from CC, remnant files from CS6 (Cloud) seem to kick in when you launch CS6.

The key recommendation from Adobe is to uninstall everything, including CS6 (Cloud).

How do I prevent Creative Cloud from taking over my CS6 perpetual license?

Then reinstall CS6 perpetual from scratch and enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines