• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Lease or Buy Media Encoder as a standalone application?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to give adobe money in exchange for Media Encoder.  I do not require other Adobe applications.  After extensive searching, I have not found a way to do this.

What are my options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Adobe Media Encoder is now only available with an All Apps plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. AME shares technology with Premiere Pro and several other apps and thus is dependent on at least one of those apsp being installed for things to work correctly. Or in other words: If you want AME, you have to sign up for Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop and so on - at least one of those.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder CC does not depend on any other Adobe apps since it can be installed separately as a trial version. A trial version does not exclude any of the libraries or features from the full version. The reason for the absence of the option of purchasing Adobe Media Encoder CC separately is purely economic one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Media Encoder is not sold separately ,you need to buy a Premiere Pro or After Effects subscription .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't want my money -- got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is NOT what was said... Adobe will gladly take your money, but you can't get what you want by itself

You might as well walk into an automobile dealership and say you only want the steering wheel, not the car

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, a post caffeinated effort...

So a standalone Premiere cloud lease would include media encoder, rather than that being two applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though your analogy is broken.  A standalone media encoder would do exactly one thing:  Encode media.  A steering wheel accomplishes no function on its own.  There are standalone media encoders on the market, so it's not an absurd request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I totally get it: I regularly visit my car dealer and test a steerig wheel. And if I like it, then I purchas the car, though I only want the wheel. 

What is really problematic is that you offer links to Buy ME everywehre which lead to a page that offers everything except a hint about how to get ME. Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ossa,

Adobe Media Encoder is bundled with Premiere Pro and After Effects.

You may download a 7 day free trial below.

https://www.adobe.com/products/media-encoder.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a Photoshop CC and LightRoom CC subscription...so Adobe is going to force me to buy another product to use Media Encoder --- purchase another product I do NOT need. However, I DO NEED Media Encoder. This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YA! Media Encoder is great.  Love it.  I gave Premiere a shot for my home use, but decided to just continue using Avid (life's too short, ya know?).  I just feel kinda dumb paying $20 a month for Premiere at this point just because I like ME.  I would happily pay about $10/month for ME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems that I'm not the only one trying to purchase ME separately. Looks quite tought that there is no option to do so. Guys in Adobe, could you reconsider? In my case I have a Photography sub and only want to upgrade adding ME. Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a support forum... the people who make sales decisions do not read here

Send a letter to Adobe

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Media Encoder is now only available with an All Apps plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines