• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I load my old Premiere 6.5 on Windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After inserting Adobe disc in new pc, cannot get application to start to load.

Is this now defunct. I have been using in on a previous PC for several years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

FYI... Microsoft did the same thing, and all under their own control... The perfectly good MS Office 97 I owned stopped working (would not even install) when I moved from a WinXP computer to a Win7 computer... Microsoft had TOTAL control over their own products (unlike here, where Adobe has NO control over Apple's operating system) and I was forced to buy MS Office again to be able to use it... So if you want to use that really old program, you need a computer with the compatible really old oper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grahamf15103396, what specific error are you receiving when installing Premiere 6.5 on Windows 10?  Are you installing from the CD or did you install from a USB drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opened with auto play from disc. and progam list is shown on screen but when prem 6.5 selected, nothing happens. Have tried with compatibility progam but still no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Premiere Pro CS6, or the really old 6.5 from about 20 or so years ago?

I had Premiere (not Pro) 6 back in (I think) 2002 which I updated to 6.5 - on a Windows XP computer

If you really mean that version, I'm going to guess it is simply too old to run on Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It is the old Prem 6.5. I guess it is asking too much for a perfectly good application to run on the new windows 10 ( even with supposed compatibility option).

Thanks again

Graham

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI... Microsoft did the same thing, and all under their own control... The perfectly good MS Office 97 I owned stopped working (would not even install) when I moved from a WinXP computer to a Win7 computer... Microsoft had TOTAL control over their own products (unlike here, where Adobe has NO control over Apple's operating system) and I was forced to buy MS Office again to be able to use it... So if you want to use that really old program, you need a computer with the compatible really old operating system

You might search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find out how to create a dual boot partition on your hard drive, and install WinXP on that partition, so you can restart your computer and select which OS to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that makes sense. new devices have problems running old apps.

But, that does not excuse PhotoShop 6.0 to run on windows 10!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a bit late.. but I still have my old Premiere 6.5 (and even 5.1) as i like to use them for quick edits..

I dont have windows 10 - I still have XP even now

But I have dual booted with Linux (Ubuntu mate) for many years. The only reason I kept my XP is to run premiere and photoshop.

as Linux is fine for everything else..

But I can tell you that Linux with 'Wine' installed with Q4wine gui will install and run both of those and photoshop quite happily on Ubuntu Mate..  Along with my old copy of Office 2007  (and office 97 )

I have no want or need for a later office that has 200 more features to add to the 150 i allready dont use in 2007

It's the future of keeping your old favourite software going

Apart from that I believe windoze 10 has virtual box functions built in, you could make an xp virtual drive in it and run it that way..

Before I could get them to run on linux in wine i used the free virtualbox from Oracle (its available for win and linux) and it worked ok..

once you hit full screen on a virtual box you wouldnt even know it was one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after getting windows 10 this week I can say that it works fine, along with all of my old software from XP.

Just has to be the 32 bit version of windows ten to do it - wont work in the 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines