How do I make a complaint? Creative Suite 5.5 design standard

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite version 5 - cannot download to Mac MOGAVE despite numerous customer service advisers sending me links that do not work.

I am at my wits end - I have wasted literally hours on this and now want to make an offical complaint but surprise, surprise there is no way of lodging a complaint and the live chat team will not give me any way of doing so. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 21, 2020
Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional , Aug 21, 2020
CS5 is discontinued software & no longer supported.  Use at your own risk.   CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,2. a legitimate compatible serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac),3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.--------------------------NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Service should not have sent you download links. This is against Adobe's policy that this is completely unavailable and help will not be given. You were lucky they tried, but should not be surprised that they failed. If you didn't keep your DVDs or downloads, you threw away something irreplacable, though the chances of museum software running well on mojave are small. Adobe want to sell subscriptions, they have no interest in providing downloads to people who didn't look after what they paid for. No idea what grounds you could possibly have for a complaint.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse me - but I do have the CD's, but my new computer does not have a
slot of CD's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed all public download links... and since you purchased on disc your account will not have a link

Buy an external drive... should be less than $30 at Best Buy or Amazon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, indeed, read the CDs on your old computer, and transfer the contents using a memory stick. This often works (if it works at all). It's a pity Adobe didn't just tell you that there was no download - their official policy - and avoid wasting your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is discontinued software & no longer supported.  Use at your own risk.

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate compatible serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot run on Catalina. Don't even try it. Either downgrade your OS or get modern, compatible 64-bit software.

NOTE 3: Adobe removed the CS updaters. Your product may not work properly without the updates.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines