Highlighted

How do I re-install CS5.5 from Adobe download?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS5.5 some years ago, but want to avoid the $49/month charge from Adobe since I'm pretty much retired, so I downloaded CS5.5 but the installer brings up a dialog that says I need the original CD, which of course I no longer have. Any suggestions on proceedure?

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Will Sherwood

CEO, The Sherwood Group

<Removed by Moderator>

PS: Does your procedure work for CS6 too?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

This is the latest information, as of 12-18-19

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

How do I re-install CS5.5 from Adobe download?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS5.5 some years ago, but want to avoid the $49/month charge from Adobe since I'm pretty much retired, so I downloaded CS5.5 but the installer brings up a dialog that says I need the original CD, which of course I no longer have. Any suggestions on proceedure?

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Will Sherwood

CEO, The Sherwood Group

<Removed by Moderator>

PS: Does your procedure work for CS6 too?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Views

Translate

Translate

Aug 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the link below (if you have made an individual user purchase).  (you'll also need your serial number - and that works for all pre-cc versions including cs6.)

Single user licensee downloadable installation files available:

Updates

• Download and installation help for Adobe links

• Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3 which also apply to eLearning Sute 2.5.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

And a big thank you to Jim @ Prodesigntools for helping me with these links!

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Translate

Translate

Aug 11, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above solution doesn't point me to the CS5.5 download location.  I do not have anything under My Plans in my account as the above instructions point to, and nothing under order history, so can't download this way  Not sure why but it has been years since I installed CS5.5 on my older laptop.

Where can I just get the download from and then enter the valid s/n I bought?

Translate

Translate

May 12, 2019 0
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact support.  things have changed.

Translate

Translate

May 12, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

May 12, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only offer Support is sign up for Creative Cloud am also a pensioner and do not want the high cost of this. d my 5.5 windows files after a u

Translate

Translate

Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to recove upgrade problem. in spring this year. I left that machine to sort out later, lots of files to recover, using my latoptop in thpe .

Translate

Translate

Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempted to get the windows files from the FTP site CS5.5 is not available, only my old CS3. Support told me my Licence had expired!! just get CC. I gather it is possible to reactivate an expired licence but I need a new CS5.5 download to install and then reactive my expired licence...

Translate

Translate

Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things have changed no support for users spending on software, I paid up for CS2 the CS3 and finally CS5.5. My CS5.5 Mac version works without problem on my polycarbonate mac running lion.

Translate

Translate

Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link no longer works for CS5. Adobe has made it impossible to download earlier versions, so you have to buy a monthly subscription for Creative Cloud. Very dissatisfied with their corporate policies!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Jan 01, 2020 3
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is ridiculous! I have a legit copy of CS3 i bought years ago which was working great and now after having to reinstall my operating system...I can't activate my purchased, legit, retail version....It's like being blackmailed into buying their more expensive options. I am NOT happy at all.....

Translate

Translate

Jul 13, 2020 1
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS3 activation servers failed.  Nobody plans that kind of thing, it just happens.  CS3 is officially dead & gone.  Assuming you never need to reinstall or update your OS, you should be golden for another 10-12 years.  Unfortunately, reinstalling is not an option.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is no longer sold legally by any vendor, retailer or country. 
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Stay safe & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Jul 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Jan 01, 2020 0