• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reinstall Adobe Media Encoder using Creative Cloud (Mac)?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud, this weeks Adobe software to crash regularly was Dreamweaver and Adobe Media Encoder, so I uninstalled/reinstalled Dreamweaver and it works OK for now. I removed AME to reinstall but now find there is no Install option for it in the Application Manager. Reading it is supposed to be installed as part of Premiere Pro or After Effects I removed them and reinstalled, but it has not been reinstalled... how do I get it back?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Premiere Pro and After Effects but there is no Encoder in my app list. I have also tried downloading the trial app but it won't let me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't find any way to get it back, but because I was having so many crashes I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire suite, which reinstalled Media Encoder too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt, I reinstalled everything and Encoder appeared again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very similar problem. My installation of AME CC was completely broken — I couldn't add source videos, sequences, etc.

First, I tried reinstalling Premiere Pro CC, but AME CC did not uninstall when I uninstalled PPCC.

Next, I tried deleting the AME CC installation by trashing the whole folder, then reinstalling PPCC.

Now, my AME CC is gone, and attempting to reinstall PPCC does not bring back AME CC. This is extremely frustrating, I can't seem to find any answers online, and I've wasted over 6 hours with web chats and waiting hours on the phone to talk to Adobe.

I have dozens of videos to process and no software to batch process them.

AME CC should be a standalone application, not invisibly bundled with PPCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution yet without having to reinstall the entire suite? Adobe any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encoder seems to be packaged in CC with either Premiere Pro or After Effects or maybe Flash. Eventually I got it back when I uninstalled and reinstalled several of them so maybe try uninstalling a couple more of the related programs that use codecs, reinstalling them and see if Encoder appears. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AME CC didn't uninstall for me until I removed Audition CC.  Totally agree that this needs to be a standalone program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines