• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove all adobe apps?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't have the money anyway to pay for 'subscriptions' on Photoshop and such, I want to remove all applications from my pc. I would rather buy an OLD pc and use an OLD version than this new stuff that requires login, takes up all computer space, comes with unwanted add ons and is impossible to remove or even ask questions about to staff (since you have to select all kind of subjects that are not applicable, then are forwarded to only 'chat' as an option which is not really an option because they are closed).

Because of this user unfriendliness I am completely done with it.

But HOW HOW HOW HOW? (Sorry I am frustrated)

When I click on REMOVE, another screen is opened with a list of installed applications and without the option of REMOVAl. Only option to update, 'buy now' or 'more info'. I suppose I have to install another UNINSTALL programma because Windows has made a deal with Photoshop to make it impossible to remove it? What the hell?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

You need to uninstall but going into the Creative Cloud app and selecting “Uninstall” for the apps you want to remove. Then uninstall the CC app too.

Alternatively there is a cleaner tool. This should remove everything in a one-er

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to uninstall but going into the Creative Cloud app and selecting “Uninstall” for the apps you want to remove. Then uninstall the CC app too.

Alternatively there is a cleaner tool. This should remove everything in a one-er

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having the same type of issues. The adobe cleaner tool does absolutely nothing as tons of users have mentioned. Why is there not a CC uninstaller that uninstalls everything CC related... registry keys, configs, preferences etc. How hard is it to create this tool when you are ADOBE of all companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cleaner does work in Windows and does remove every thing if that is the option you select... I agree the instructions for using it cmd command could be better but thats more a Windows issue than Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunateley not. This tool always mentions it cannot uninstall because

some app or element of Adobe is still in use. Besides ut us ridiculous

people cannot deinstall within the regular Windows functionality.

Anyway having to depend on a paid subscription for apps that take up all

computer space, that tou gav to login for every time and are impossible to

fully remove makes it clear i dont want to use Photoshop anymore. I will

get another com*uter running an okd windows xp or something and install an

old photosho version on it. And never install the new ps again.*

Op vrijdag 2 februari 2018 heeft Ussnorway <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het

volgende geschreven:

How do I remove all adobe apps? created by Ussnorway

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ussnorway> in Adobe Creative Cloud - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10148027#10148027>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I had to download a program in 2018 to uninstall this POS malware you call software.

Tried to uninstall through windows and the Creative Cloud software forced me to sign in, and update every piece of adobe software and then crashes before it even allows me to get to an uninstall screen.

I hope your company finally dies this decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its unbelievable. Adobe, I hope you rot in hell with punitive legal fines for this. I've been a professional since version 3 of PS-and your app has reached the depths of bloated malware for forcing users to login to uninstall your application. I loathe you with all my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall Adobe software without a problem from the tools your OS provides you. Those tools normally do not a full uninstall and there are always junks of config data and may be even executables left over for reasons unknown to me. But the complexity of today’s OSs is that, that even the OS provider does not know how to handle a clear uninstall.

Adobe designed a tool to remove all traces of former CC and CS installs, this to allow users with difficulties to install the software on a clean basis. This tool has not been designed for you to remove the software, but as it effectively does the second best job, besides setting-up the OS from scratch, we recommend using that tool also if a user simply wants to remove the software completly. As said, a simple uninstall either via the CC app or via the OS does the job fine and without hurt.

In no case you need to be logged in to uninstall software. You need to be signed in to run the software.

Well, I suppose Adobe is now will stay in heaven listenig to the nice songs of the angels and their harps.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 and this issue hasn't been resolved still. I paid for 2 years to have the Creative Cloud mess up my computer. I miss the days when you could vuy a program in full and use it without the cloud and micro-transactions and the updates failing and causing problems to a computer that is needed to work at home from. I can't work now. Thanks, Adobe!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines