• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 and want to upgrade to CS6. However, I don't want the Creative Cloud version. (I don't want to have to pay a monthly or annual fee!) I want to pay the one-time "lifetime" license fee. Where do I go to do this? How much will it cost? Or is this no longer an option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want the suite, just the Photoshop application by itself. Not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How 'bout you actually click the link...? Magic!

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I see is an option to BUY CS6.

Is there any way to UPGRADE from CS5 to CS6?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, you seem to be afraid to click links.

Click "Buy" then you can buy an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't blame the OP for not clicking links marked "Buy $699" when it's not clear at all why one should!  He want's an UPGRADE.  "Buy" means "purchase, or procure" it doesn't mean "find out what options you have". "$699" means "$699" not "possibly some other amount."

It's bad web design - perhaps purposeful to redirect people to the Cloud, perhaps just bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about the Web design being poor. However, what possible harm could come from exploring the "Buy" link to see if an upgrade is an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I agree about the Web design being poor. However, what possible harm could come from exploring the "Buy" link to see if an upgrade is an option?"

I think it's a matter of context. The OP wanted to know how to upgrade.  The page he was pointed to was for an entire suite and only presents a "buy at $699" choice.

Now that he knows that it's "lying" about being a $699 option to buy, clicking makes sense.  It's like looking for the cereal in the green box in the grocery store. You don't find it, because you don't know that it now is only packaged in red and it's been moved to the soft drinks section.

I used to similarly  sneer at people who kept asking me what photoshop to get until I realized how much Adobe muddied those waters!  Hint, there are about a DOZEN Photoshop products (or at least there were).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NightSkyGuy wrote:

The page he was pointed to was for an entire suite and only presents a "buy at $699" choice.

That page has suites and individual apps.

Now that he knows that it's "lying" about being a $699 option to buy, clicking makes sense.

That's not a lie. Photoshop CS6 can be bought for $699.

NightSkyGuy wrote:

I used to similarly  sneer at people who kept asking me what photoshop to get until I realized how much Adobe muddied those waters!  Hint, there are about a DOZEN Photoshop products (or at least there were).

I hardly think that the difference between a full purchase and an upgrade is analogous to the differences amongst "about a DOZEN" products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the links!!

When I click on UPGRADE, it does not give a price. It is grayed out!!

Please don't answer unless you know what you are talking about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work here. Have you tried logging in with your Adobe ID?

Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 10.10.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doesn't work here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then use the "Chat Live" button or "Purchase by Phone" options at the top right of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arkayem wrote:

Did you select which product you're upgrading from ("Photoshop CS5", as shown in gener7's post)?

UpgradeSelection.png

Failing that, have you tried a different browser?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arkayem wrote:

I clicked the links!!

The links are working for me and other people today. They have worked for many others, recently. Your problems with the Web are not evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clicked the links!!

The option to upgrade is not available. It is grayed out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world is so tough about answering a question without the standard SM reply of "click the link", or "this has already been answered".  Do you dorks understand that some of us are not as technically "gifted" as you are?  If you are unable to help, then just don't reply.  Your replies are not helpful.

Jed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caupwhiting13 wrote:

[...]  Do you dorks understand [...]

You complain about the style of my replies while calling me a dork.

Bl**dy hypocrites! You crack me up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us REALLY don't like smart-ass answers.

Apparently you think that fully answering a question is some huge personal sacrifice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arkayem, folks here not with Adobe, and who are volunteering their time to help you out of the goodness of their hearts don't care for smart-ass remarks from those whom they have tried to help either.

Your frustration is understandable, but it does not justify abusing others.  We are all on the same side.

The internet is growing to be an increasingly hostile place to communicate.  Maybe instead of making this place more like that it would be a good idea to just relax and try some of the suggestions.  A little humility would go a long way.

I hope you can get the proper web forms to work.  Things on the Adobe site are changing moment by moment, with Adobe ramping up to sell subscriptions to the CC release.  Just last night I noticed the site kept redirecting everything to the educational discount pages, which it's not doing now.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"who are volunteering their time to help you out of the goodness of their

hearts don't care for smart-*** remarks from those to whom they have tried

to help either."

For some reason, people on forums like this volunteer their time and then

act put out when they are asked details about a question.

If he had really wanted to help, he would not have made the smart-ass

remarks, and he would have fully explained why he was directing people to a

'Buy' link instead of an 'Upgrade' link , and how to use it to do an

upgrade. He would have also explained that you have to be logged in to use

the upgrade function, and you have to say which software you own. That

would have been a complete answer. But he didn't do that, even when asked

again and again by other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, folks, is it possible to go back at the problem at hand: are you still facing the issue of the grey link?

Sometimes, answers done by text only can be interpreted the wrong way, keeping that in might before answering can also help smooth out problems.

Yes, both experts and beginners need to think they are in the other's shoes.

Some of the regulars give the same answers repeatedly might become tired of expliciting everything over and over again, and wonder why the new members do not search before asking a question that is already answered two posts lower.

On the other hand, the forum interface is not optimal for beginners, it might not be clear that they can search for answers, and the threads they find might not be relevant when they do try.

Please, do not hesitate asking questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie wrote:

On the other hand, the forum interface is not optimal for beginners,

Or anyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE, your comment is clear and makes a lot of sense, and yes, I have

eliminated the greyed out link. I didn't realize I had to log in.

Now, I'd like to use some of your comments to highlight the problems

with this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines