• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you move your CS4 Design Premium from a old commuter to a newer computer?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have the CS4 Design Premium on a laptop that has seen its last years. I would like to take the program and put it on my newer Desktop. I have no idea how to do that. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

If you don't plan to use the old computer anymore you can deactivate the software on it by opening one of the applications and choosing Help -> Deactivate.  But if you could possibly use it as a backup installation feel free to leave it there in working order (you license allows you to have two activated installations).

To install on a new machine do just that... install it and activate it using the serial number you have from the original purchase.  If you registered the software you should be a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't plan to use the old computer anymore you can deactivate the software on it by opening one of the applications and choosing Help -> Deactivate.  But if you could possibly use it as a backup installation feel free to leave it there in working order (you license allows you to have two activated installations).

To install on a new machine do just that... install it and activate it using the serial number you have from the original purchase.  If you registered the software you should be able to find the serial number thru your Adobe account online.

Here is a link for downloading...

CS4 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs4-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines