• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does everyone feel

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...about having to pay monthly for software that they can change at any time essentially making everyone a beta test guinea pig? And don't you feel a little burned by the fact that they are forcing every user to do this R&D for free? I do, especially since there are many more bugs and problems as well as things that are just not working well, slow sluggish controls, the menus end up scattered and they are much more difficult to keep organized. they are hard to read and stupidly placed. Personally i hate CC and i especially hate that i have to keep paying for it every month, in 2 years i will have made Adobe $1,200 richer and i'll never be able to get comfortable with the software which i purchased because they can do any stupid thing they want anytime they want. I'm not a techy person who likes to spend long hours learning the stupid little quirks and conceptual changes they make every version that comes out. It is slowing down my work flow and and frankly I think a lot of it has nothing to do with improving the software for its users. It seems to be mainly focussed on selling you things like fonts and stock photos and mindless minutia. The GPU business irks me that they act like an improvement which is expected and should be invisible to the user has been turned into a "feature" that clutters my screen and my mind with stupid questions like "do you want your programs to run slower or faster?" it's like they want a cookie on top of the outrageous price. It's nonsense. Adobe has the market cornered so the first thing they do is jack the price up sky high and impose all their worst character flaws on their customers. Adobe is the Martin Shkreli of software.

[Moderator moved from The Lounge​ to Adobe Creative Cloud​.]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raycabarga  wrote

Adobe is the Martin Shkreli of software.

thats a bit much but I see your point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i just received a very nice gesture from adobe regarding my complaints. I have to say that they are not the martin shkreli of software, that was harsh statement and they have redeemed themselves in my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the big problem is that Adobe doesn't inform their customers as to their plans (that is if they have plans).

New features, updates and apps are just dumped on our lap and are snatched away just as quickly.

While they do this they claim to be listening to us despite the fact we (probably Adobe as well) have no clue as to what they are going to do next.

Example:

Adobe's DVD authoring App Canceled

Speedgrade Canceled

Multi-core Canceled

How is anyone able to establish a stable production cycle when you can have stuff you rely on being arbitrarily removed?

While they seem to think they can do as they like there are other applications other than Adobe's out there.

No, the payment system isn't the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its been a while since I cmmented and I have to admit thats due to that I've largly dropped adobe.

There are plenty of free & open source alternatives that do not have the hassle both stability, performance and licence wise, I havnt looked back;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines