• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to completely disable all CC daemons in my system?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the only part of CC that I use on my macOS is Bridge that comes free (I use LR6 and PS CS6 that fortunately are not associated to CC).

As Bridge CC is a part of the CC Suite some extra apps were installed too.

I get the Adobe Application Manager app that it's called Adobe Creative Cloud inside itself. In the Preferences of the app I unchecked:

• General -> Launch at login
  • Creative Cloud -> Files -> Sync On/Off -> Creative Cloud Sync
  • Creative Cloud -> Fonts -> Typekit On/Off -> Typekit Sync

So, this helped me with the AAM that I have to launch manually if I want to upgrade the Bridge CC. Actually, it's interesting that Adobe Reader is not updatable via the AAM but use it's own updater.

What I don't like is still many processes from Adobe in my operating system, even after clean restart of my system.

How to remove/disable them without destroying anything? I'm talking about the following processes that run in background:

• Core sync
  • Core Sync Helper
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • CCXProcess
  • CCLibrary
  • AdobeCRDaemon (2x)
  • AdobeIPCBroker

And yes. I am aware that I will miss features such as auto-update, cc syncing, font syncing, whatever adobe-related syncing. I don't care. I don't use Creative Cloud anything related. All I use is: LR6 (not CC related), PS CS6 (not CC related), Adobe Reader (not CC related) and Bridge CC+Camera RAW CC (both CC related).

Can I simply remove from Applications folder the following:

• Adobe Creative Cloud (there is uninstaller inside, so maybe it's a good idea to run it)
  • Utilities/Adobe Application Manager
  • Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Utilities/Adobe Installers
  • Utilities/Adobe Sync

I am OK to update apps manually. I just want them to work correctly and stay away from my CPU if not in use.

Thanks for your understanding,

Bart

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

The correct answer is:

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is:

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xbartx,

Is there a reverse Terminal command if needed? Would it be load instead of unload?

Adobe's nebulous policies drive me nuts. I would like to see honest transparency about what data flows and what processes work and what of it I really need for what purpose ... and I would like to be able to control it. No way! I never get any usefull answer … Where have the goog-guys gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a command for macOS which will prevent the services from being started on login. However, they will still be started whenever you open an Adobe CC app. I have made a Bash script which will kill them whenever they are running: https://gist.github.com/jivanpal/30af7741721e597575e10f5ef8560062

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be used with Windows 10 on a PC?  I've disable creative cloud at startup and have turned off all background apps in W10 settings but still have at least a dozen Adobe apps running constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly, no, as it's a Bash script designed for macOS; Windows neither has Bash, nor the `pgrep` and `kill` commands. A similar script could probably be created easily using Windows's `tasklist` and `taskkill`, but I don't have a Windows machine to test this on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hope someone reading this can create a script for a W10 PC.  I am computer illiterate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here through search and I can confirm that the pain in the arse is still there. My solution: check Activity Monitor and find all suspicious Adobe processes and chmod 000 AND add REJECT firewall rule  to everyone of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific for us computer illiterates?  When I call up activity monitor I get nothing regarding adobe and nothing that is changeable. Do you mean Task Manager? I have no idea what chmod 000 means or where to find a firewall rule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Non-technical users are probably better off just leaving this alone so you don't break the Adobe installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines