How to deactivate CS6 licenses on a broken computer ?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a license for Photoshop and one for Lightroom both in CS6 version.

I had activated the licenses for these two softwares on a laptop computer but the computer suddenly broke down so I could not deactivate them. There is also no possibility through my Adobe account: after methodically visiting each tab on my account I did not find any links to manage and deactivate my licenses ... And since this is old software , I apparently no longer have access to any Adobe support, in any case I couldn't find a way to contact them. No matter what I do, I always go back to the Adobe Help Center page

I still have the other activation available that I am using on a new computer, but if it also fails then I will no longer have access to my software at all.

I understood that I could probably manage activations through the Creative Cloud (which I didn't install because I don't need it elsewhere) but is that really the case? Otherwise what is the correct method to deactivate these licenses?

Thank you for your answers.
Thierry

TOPICS
Activation

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021
you can request an activation count reset (which will deactivate on all computers) from adobe support.  ask for no other help related to cs6 or you'll be directed back here where you'll get no help (with deactivation).   using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.htmlclick contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right) in the chat field, type AGENTbe patient, it can take quite a while to reach...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021
If you plan to use CS6 do not, under any circumstances, install a CC application as CC will hijack your CS6 installation and try to make you use the CC version.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can request an activation count reset (which will deactivate on all computers) from adobe support.  ask for no other help related to cs6 or you'll be directed back here where you'll get no help (with deactivation).

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1616082814623.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you plan to use CS6 do not, under any circumstances, install a CC application as CC will hijack your CS6 installation and try to make you use the CC version.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response and your speed 🙂

I did not allow cookies so the icon to contact the chat did not appear at the bottom of the contact page. The problem has been solved by an Adobe technician.

I carefully keep your remark concerning the installation of CC products.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines