Highlighted

How to disable ads notifications in Creative Cloud App?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable ads notifications in Creative Cloud App? I have unchecked all notification options under "Preferences" and I still get lots of Adobe ads notifications.

Screenshot 2018-04-25 20.28.53.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional
  1. Open CC Desktop App.
  2. Click the 3 dots icon by your avatar.
  3. From Preferences > General tab, turn off Notifications.  See screenshot..

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to disable ads notifications in Creative Cloud App?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable ads notifications in Creative Cloud App? I have unchecked all notification options under "Preferences" and I still get lots of Adobe ads notifications.

Screenshot 2018-04-25 20.28.53.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional
  1. Open CC Desktop App.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gluecksmensch,

I understand your query regarding notifications in the Creative Cloud app.

Kindly refer to this link  Creative Cloud notifications for more more information.

Hope it helps you. Feel free to reach out to us for more questions.

Regards

Chhavi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer! No, these information do not help. I just had a chat with the Adobe support and this is the answer:

I have just spoke with my seniors and they are saying that there is no way to remove notifications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a ridiculous policy from Adobe! There is no way to turn off their notification spam?! It's insane for a company to insist on harassing their customers. Adobe: get a clue and stop going out of your way to make us unhappy with your service!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 3
Enthusiast ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the heck do I turn this OFF!!! Im now getting a red dot and a advertisement for "Brave new footage on Adobe Stock" Every day!!! I'm a paying customer and I do not want to be harassed with stock marketing! Either stop sending Adobe stock notifications through the CC App or give us options to turn this off, it's very annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 9
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely agree.  This is a PREMIUM service.  This is my HIGHEST COST service.  Even my Hulu at ¼ the cost doesn't pester me with ads!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2018 7
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can't be serious about this... these notifications are annoying. If I disable all notifications in an application I expect it to respect my wishes and stop pestering and harassing me with ads. gluecksmensch, did you find a solution for this annoyance or did you give up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 5
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind getting notifications of software updates. But the daily spam of trying to make me subscribe to adobe stock photos is not ok. Though it has been more quiet lately, so I'm ok about it now - but there was a period I got multiple notifications of images I can buy, every day! ...that's not ok!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. When I see that red dot on the Creative Cloud app I always click it expecting to find an update for my apps. But over half the time it's about marketing spam. It's such a no-brainer to distinguish notifications about app updates from marketing stuff. It's ridiculous that Adobe can't seem to figure this out.

The worst part is we can't filter out the marketing spam, like you can in email. We need them to fix the app to have two different settings in preferences: one to enable/disable marketing notifications and one to enable/disable notifications about app updates. This is not rocket science.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open CC Desktop App.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've had that setting turned off as well as all of the "Show OS Notifications" settings, but it didn't work. However, I just spoke with an Adobe customer service rep who suggested that re-installing the Creative Cloud desktop app would fix the issue. I did that, and I'll have to wait and see if it will actually block future notifications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply Set it to NOT Open at Login. With that the CC DTA will not open and will not show any notifications. If you need to open it to check app update you can still do that. Then EXIT out of it from the POP UP menu at the 3 DOTS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's a good workaround. I'm hoping that re-installing the app will have resolved the issue and now the notifications will not appear. But if not, I'll use your method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves my problem until Adobe stops sending spam. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'd like to add my voice to those asking for a way to disable these notifications properly. I click on the icon with the red dot thinking there's something important like an app update - but it's an ad for Behance or some competition. I simply am not interested in these.

In the meantime I will take the advice of others above and disable the CC app from opening at launch until this issue is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These notifications are useless and annoying. LET ME DISABLE THEM!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2019 1