Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install CC on Mac OS 10.12

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Is it possible to get earlier versions of Creative Cloud apps? I've just rebuilt my Mac and it updated to OS 10.12 (but no further, apparently the hardware won't support it). After installing the CC, it says that the majority of apps are not compatible with 10.12. A help page suggested loading an earlier version by going to the three dots beside the install button, but clicking that doesn't give the dropdown for earlier versions.

Thanks for any assistance. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

The last release where all apps run on macOS 10.12 Sierra is Creative Cloud 2019.

You can find the CC 2019 direct download links here.

If you can upgrade your macOS further, then you can run newer versions of the tools as John points out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your hardware specs? Click Apple menu  > About This Mac. 

Most Macs back to 2012 can be upgraded to at least Mojave which is supported by current Cloud apps.

Must be a 10+ year old Mac if it cannot be upgraded later than 10.12 Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Yes (unfortunately) my machine is a mid-2011 unit. It still works perfectly well though - it is just that sometimes software becomes unsupported 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last release where all apps run on macOS 10.12 Sierra is Creative Cloud 2019.

You can find the CC 2019 direct download links here.

If you can upgrade your macOS further, then you can run newer versions of the tools as John points out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thanks so much! I'm sure I should be able to find something in here to meet my needs.

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines