• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to install old creative suite on new computer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative suite 5.5 installed in my 10 year old Mac. I have upgraded to a new iMac and need to transfer the software to this new computer. The creative suite software is on DVD. How can I install it on the new computer? Is it possible to install the software online from adobe using the serial number on the package? I tried installing with an external DVD drive but keep getting error notice.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hi,

I had to purchase the new version because they said the software would not work on this new Mac. I was contacted by Adobe and they uploaded the software directly on my computer. Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no guarantee that CS5.5 will run successfully on High Sierra.

Is it possible to install the software online from adobe using the serial number on the package?

Yes.

Download from Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products or use your external DVD drive.

I tried installing with an external DVD drive but keep getting error notice.

What is the exact wording of the error notice?

A workaround suggested by Adobe

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. The message that comes up reads as follows: "Installer failed to initialize. Please download adobe support advisor to detect the problem"

I will try to download from Adobe and see how that goes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tabs,

I have the same problem. I am trying to install the CS 5 design premium on my new iMac and it only downloads 30% and stops. I have been retrying for days now and it just wouldn't work. Can you tell me if you have successfully installed the CS5 on your new iMac and how? Does is run on High Sierra without problems?

Thank you so much for your help!

Mirela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to purchase the new version because they said the software would not work on this new Mac. I was contacted by Adobe and they uploaded the software directly on my computer. Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have experience trying to pair InDesign CS 5.5 with Mojave? Recently got a newer computer and trying to pair with existing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines