How to keep Creative Cloud working without Internet access?

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be out of the country for two weeks with virtually no internet access. How do I ensure that Creative Cloud will keep working if there is no way to confirm the activation?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2012
kendallplant Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2012
Hi there - As you may know, a license check is performed every 30 days:http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.htmlDo I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications?Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will al...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

As you may know, a license check is performed every 30 days:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications?

Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check.

However, if the product is unable to verify your license at the 30 day mark, a 7-day grace period will begin giving you a little extra time. If you are not able to access internet within those 7 days, your applications will be blocked (Source: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4513667#4513667)

Unfortunately, there is no way to "force" the verification process to make sure that the check doesn't happen right as you are starting your 2 weeks away.

Here are a few forum threads that contain more discussion of this issue:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4747308

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4746582

Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adwiz AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Will keep my fingers crossed, as losing access would be catastrophic. There's a good chance that I'll be able to go online within the 7-day grace period. This is the kind of stuff that annoys and worries many of us about cloud software, but I appreciate Adobe providing the 7-day time period to help offset the damage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what about Symantech Ghost?

If you make a ghost of your PC before the 30 days expire, the software will nevere ask the confirmation beacuse for him the time will never expire.

Sincerely, I can't understand this kind of protection Adobe realized: I only should restore my PC with the ghost image, but if I keep all my data on an exteranal hard disk, there should be no problem..

Probabily I'm missing somthing.. I'm a right or not?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with skyoctane74,  i have also been with Adobe for over 10 years and with the intention to travel to remote Australian destinations in the coming year or 2, i am very worried about losing use of my account! This is just a bit outrageous considering the hefty monthly subscription fees I have pay to use 3 programs! So, after paying out thousand$$$ already over the years, do i now need to start learning to use an alternative design platform??  I don't want to, i like THIS one, but it is seeming that there may be no other option?

Adobe, you need to figure something out that works for people who will not be in internet range for up to a month at a time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm very concerned about this needing to be online for a program i use every day when i travel remotely and have been giving it some thought. I still have the physical discs for Adobe Suite 6, am i able to install and use those for times i will not be in internet range for periods of up to one month? I realise there is no longer any support for these outdated versions, but are they still useable?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a client of adobe for 15 years. this subscription process is all fine until there is no internet. I run remote workshops to Africa, Antarctica and outback Australia and have had to refund money to my own client because of this BS. Surely there is a workaround?!!! FUA (decide for yourself what that means, Adobe)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an annual subscription you get 99 days 'grace period' before you have to log onto the Internet to confirm your license. You can use your cell phone as a hotspot to connect your computer to internet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annual subscription and I am asked to log in EVERY DAY. Apparently the 99 day grace period is a myth.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines