Highlighted

How to logout in Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

I bought the student version of Adobe today...  And when I wanted to download it I saw that I was logged in with my old account and I dont know how to logout and login after with another Account.... I had the old Account because I downoaded the trial version of After Effects and made a new Account when I bought Student version... Can you help me with logging out? 😃

thanks!...

btw: sorry if my english isn´t perfect

Hi Jonas van Essen

1. Launch creative cloud

• Mac OS:  Go to Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud.
    • Windows:  From the Start menu, click Search, and type Adobe Creative Cloud.

2. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Preferences.

3. In the Preferences menu, under General, click the Account tab. 

4. Click Sign Out from Creative Cloud.

5. When prompted, sign in with your Adobe ID (usually your email address) and password.

Please let us know if this was helpful.

Regards

TOPICS
Activation, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to logout in Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

I bought the student version of Adobe today...  And when I wanted to download it I saw that I was logged in with my old account and I dont know how to logout and login after with another Account.... I had the old Account because I downoaded the trial version of After Effects and made a new Account when I bought Student version... Can you help me with logging out? 😃

thanks!...

btw: sorry if my english isn´t perfect

Hi Jonas van Essen

1. Launch creative cloud

5. When prompted, sign in with your Adobe ID (usually your email address) and password.

Regards

TOPICS
Activation, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas van Essen

1. Launch creative cloud

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 4
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much! It was helpful! 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas van Esse,

Thanks for the update.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This was very helpful.

One has to wonder why such a simple thing like signing out is made so complex and hidden in such an obscure place i.e. Cog (setting) -> Preferences -> Sign out. Signing out is not a preference. It is an action. Then you get nagged after clicking Sign out. I seriously wonder who dreams up these convoluted ways of doing things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2015 4
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks So Much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas,

Open the cloud app and click on the little gear logo, select "Preferences…". In the "General" tab, click on "Accounts", then click on the "Sign Out from Creative Cloud" button. It will then ask you to log in and will act as if your apps need to be reinstalled, but wait a bit and it will recognize what's already installed.

btw: your English is fine, wouldn't have known if you hadn't mentioned it. Your writing is perfect in my opinion, unlike a lot of those who speak English as their primary language.

Oops. Just a bit late and just after a better response with screenshots. Good luck anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 2
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I try this and the only options I get under the Gear button are Help; Open As Window and Quit.  There is NO preferences option.  Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2015 6
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, did you solve it already?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The complete procedure is given in the post, are you facing any particular issue in deactivating, please let us know.

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2015 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Preferences is greyed out, can't click on it. What do i do

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and my Preferences option is grayed out and CAN'T be selected!! Looks like Adobe is on top of things once again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2015 2
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it figured out! There was an update pending that was apparently preventing the login/logout.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir, if this option is still not resolved. Here few things you can try:

1) Open any abode application and click sign out from that application and close it and then try to open creative cloud and see if you can sign out.

2) Make sure all apps are CLOSED then sign out. It worked for me.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 0