Highlighted

How to move the auto-created 'Adobe' Folder somewhere else

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both Windows and macOS anytime I open an application, be it Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition etc. in the 'My Documents' folder an 'Adobe' folder is created. It holds things like Lumetri settings and logs, workspace presets etc.

How do I move this Adobe folder into say, the Application Support (on a Mac) folder where this stuff SHOULD actually go?

I don't want and should have application data folders or files in my personal folders. That information belongs to the applications. I cannot for the life of me find out any help on this issue other than hiding it with a Terminal command... Which I might have to do.

NOTE: This is not the Creative Cloud Files folder that can be moved anywhere in the settings of the CC app, This is a specific "Adobe" folder that is constantly appearing.

Topics

File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to move the auto-created 'Adobe' Folder somewhere else

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both Windows and macOS anytime I open an application, be it Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition etc. in the 'My Documents' folder an 'Adobe' folder is created. It holds things like Lumetri settings and logs, workspace presets etc.

How do I move this Adobe folder into say, the Application Support (on a Mac) folder where this stuff SHOULD actually go?

I don't want and should have application data folders or files in my personal folders. That information belongs to the applications. I cannot for the life of me find out any help on this issue other than hiding it with a Terminal command... Which I might have to do.

NOTE: This is not the Creative Cloud Files folder that can be moved anywhere in the settings of the CC app, This is a specific "Adobe" folder that is constantly appearing.

Topics

File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines