• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall Photoshop CS3

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same trouble.  Only my copy is photoshop cs3 and I'm using snow leopard, the last year for that softwares' use.  Followed all the instructions, got all the new serial numbers and all it does is a never-ending circle of "install after effects cs4 disc", then, "install photoshop cs3 disc".  It never completes the installation.

So frustrating after years of using the software I Purchased and then being denied its use because Adobe wants to put me on its monthly paid account.  Thanks a lot Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Juanfordroad, the screenshot you shared appears to be the Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/   Please make sure you are browsing to the Root library and not the hidden User Library.  The location of the Adobe PCD folder is in /Libary/Application Support/Adobe/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Juanfordroad, if you need to reinstall Photoshop CS3 then please use the new installation files, and serial number, available at CS3 .  If you continue to encounter errors with the process then what specific errors are you facing, Juanfordroad?  Are you still installing on Mac OS 10.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I hope you can provided assistance.  Here is what has transpired:

My Mac Pro (mid 2010) which contained the software and hardware was severely damaged in a hurricane last year.  Thanks to my son, I obtained another Mac Pro that was older but functioning.  I transferred the drives and tried to open the software for Photoshop, After Effects CS4 and Final Cut Pro, among others.  All were operational with the exception of Photoshop CS3.  The screen appeared telling me to re register online.  After several attempts of clicking on the re register tab I gave up and decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. After I inserted the CS3 disc and followed the prompts the progress bars advanced slowly.  Then I was asked to 'insert After Effects CS4 and click OK to continue'.  I followed the instructions and when the disc got up to speed clicked OK.  The progress bars barely moved before the next screen told me to insert Photoshop CS3 and press OK.  The progress bars barely moved before the screen asked me to insert After Effects CS4.  This went on several times until I had stopped in frustration.  I then went to the Adobe site for help.  Finding the page on how to install a 'replacement' copy of Photoshop I downloaded the .dmg whose name I cannot remember (I downloaded it in snow leopard and am currently in lion).  After opening the CS3 setup icon I followed the steps to completely uninstall the components.  Then followed the steps to reinstall CS3 which seemed to be advancing the progress bars quite well.  Then the screen returned to 'insert After Effects CS4'.  I did this once and the same situation happened as described earlier.

Adobe should NOT make the process of reinstalling software that is registered and paid for this difficult.

I do hope you have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juanfordroad, sorry that you are facing a confusing experience installing After Effects and Photoshop CS4 on the new Mac Pro.  I reviewed your registered software titles, and you have both full, upgrade, and educational licenses for Adobe software under your account.  To see the specific titles, and their serial numbers, please see Find your serial number .

To install Photoshop CS3 and Flash Pro CS3 you will need to download and install using the new installation files previously referenced in message #1, Juanfordroad.  If you are receiving any messages to activate Photoshop or Dreamweaver CS3, then you must remove the cache.db file as discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  Failure to delete this file will result in repeated requests to activation Photoshop CS3.

I am unsure how you will install After Effects 5.0 or 6.5, Juanfordroad.  The installation files for these titles were never available for download.  If you can locate your original CDs, then you can copy the installation files to a USB drive and attempt to install After Effects 6.5.  The upgrade license you purchase for After Effects CS4 was canceled on 4-7-2009.  This was due to the return which was completed for order 0065431780.  This means you do not currently have a valid license to install After Effects CS4 on the new Mac Pro, Juanfordroad.  If you have a copy of After Effects CS4, registered under another account, then you can download the retail installation files to Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products.

You do have a valid full version license for Dreamweaver CS4.  You can use the installation files at Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products to download and install Dreamweaver.  If you are installing Dreamweaver CS4, on macOS 10.12 or later, then see the necessary workaround at Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) to install Dreamweaver CS4 on the recent Mac OS releases.

Let me know if you have any questions, Juanfordroad.  I would also recommend reviewing Installing Creative Suite on a new Mac or macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later if you are installing Adobe software on macOS 10.12 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, this is what I downloaded from Adobe to reactivate my CS3: file://localhost/Users/johnnelson/Downloads/ADBEPHSPCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg

This was after Adobe reassigned my serial number to: <Removed by Moderator>.

I opened up the 'setup' icon which has led me to the repetitive actions described earlier.

I can open and operate After Effects CS4 (so far, anyway).

What am I doing wrong???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Juanfordroad.  Please see my previous post, post #3, which discusses removing the cache.db file to resolve the current error you are facing.  This can't be skipped and until the file is removed you will not be able to use Photoshop or Flash CS3.

If you continue to face difficulties then please post a screenshot of the current error, Juanfordroad.  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must not be making myself clear.  I DID delete the cache file.  I DID run the cleaner Adobe suggested I do.  I DID run the setup program from the .dmg download.  Providing a screenshot will only show what I've been writing about; "PLEASE INSERT THE AFTER EFFECTS CS4 DISC" "PLEASE INSERT THE PHOTOSHOP CS3 DISC"  That is all it does, over and over.  And that's running the setup program I downloaded.  It responded the same way the first time I used the CS3 disc.

I don't know what else to tell you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juanfordroad what are you currently trying to install?  As previously discussed you returned your purchase for After Effects CS4.  Can you also please post a screenshot of the current error you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insert cs disc.jpgapps.jpgsetup 1.jpgHi Jeff,

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner.  Just to clarify, I am not trying to upgrade After Effects CS4.  It works perfectly.  Likewise, I am not trying to reload Dreamweaver or Flash.  I no longer need either.  What follows are the screenshots you requested.  Hope this helps in your understanding of my situation.

version.jpgreadme.jpgcache.jpgdownload 1.jpgdownload 2.jpginstall 1.jpginsert af disc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have placed them out of order somehow.  Sorry about that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update and clarification, Juanfordroad.

From the most recent screenshot, it appears that the shared components for After Effects CS4 are affecting the Photoshop CS3 installation.  To attempt to recover from this you can complete the following steps, Juanfordroad.

1. Run all available Adobe Uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers
  2. Download and run the CC Cleaner tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems
  3. Download and install a fresh copy of the installation files for Photoshop CS3 from Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

The prompt for the After Effects CS4 disk appears to be due to previous installations shared components.  The prompt for the Photoshop CS3 disk may be due to the same issue or damages to the installation files.  Since the prompt is occurring during the installation of shared components then it is likely due to the same damaged previous installation.  Obtaining a fresh copy of the installation files will put you in the best position for a successful installation of Photoshop CS3 on Mac OS 10.6.8, Juanfordroad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Am I to understand that you would have me uninstall After Effects as well as Photoshop?  I worry that, by doing both I may end up with neither one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will want to locate your valid After Effects CS4 serial number to reinstall.   The copy that is registered under this e-mail address was returned, and refund issued, on 4-7-2007.

Before that, you do have a license for After Effects 6.5, Juanfordroad.  This predates the Creative Suite release and may be why you returned After Effects CS4 upgrade as it would not qualify for the upgrade pricing.

If you are planning to reinstall After Effects CS4 then please see Find your serial number for information on how to locate your registered serial numbers.  It may be that After Effects CS4 is logged under a different account.  If you would like assistance, then please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that any alternate e-mail address or phone numbers that may have been used to register the software, can be found Juanfordroad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying I should delete my CS4 program and reinstall it.  My age and memory faculties dimly recall that I did have a different email and password during that period but have no idea what they were.  I also recall that Adobe sent me the wrong format for CS4, Windows instead of Mac.  But again, I can't be certain of those events.  Maybe your digging into my account(s) could confirm this.

I did run the CC cleaner tool at some point during our discussions as well as running the uninstall program.  Does this mean I have to run it again, or download another copy of the cleaner?

Before I undertake this worrisome task, please advise as to which program should be installed first.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juanfordroad, can you please re-review the current public forum discussion that you are responding too?  I have provided details on how you should proceed with the reinstallation in post #10.  For information on how you can locate your other After Effects serial number see post #12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reviewed the products and CS4 was not listed.  I have the program and the serial number and, to the best of my knowledge, I paid for it.  If your records show differently, I will be happy to do whatever is necessary to use this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screenshots of my products:

<Removed by Moderator>

This is the SN for After Effects CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juanfordroad please remember that you are posting in a public forum and everything posted is accessible

to anyone with Internet access.  I have removed the screenshots that you just posted.

If you are facing any problems with locating your serial number then please begin a chat session with our support team at Contact Customer Care .

If you were able to locate your packaging then you will want to verify the serial number can be registered.  As previously discussed the serial number registered under this account was canceled due to a refund that was issued 4-7-2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the screenshots.

I went through the uninstall/cc cleaner tool again and did the install of CS3 from the download.  This time it successfully installed. However, when I opened it I was asked to activate it.  I chose the phone option and entered the new serial number provided.  It would  tell me it was the wrong number.  I tried several times without results.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Juanfordroad, please see post #3 of this discussion and verify you are using the new serial number and installation files for Photoshop CS3.  You will also need to locate and delete the cache.db file if you are being prompted to activate Creative Suite 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there is no "Adobe PCD" file in my folders to delete.

app suppert.jpginstall steps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juanfordroad, the screenshot you shared appears to be the Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/   Please make sure you are browsing to the Root library and not the hidden User Library.  The location of the Adobe PCD folder is in /Libary/Application Support/Adobe/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were correct.  I found it in the root directory.  Made the changes and opened.

Thank you again for all your help and forgiveness of this "technically challenged" old man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great news, Juanfordroad!  I am happy you were able to install and activate Photoshop CS3 successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good things come to those who wait (and have great advice from you).  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines