• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to: Resetting install location back to "Default Location..." (Windows 8)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my PC and added an SSD as my primary drive. Like most people, I also have a secondary drive for most apps and files. In the Creative Cloud App manager, I changed the Installation location to a directory on my secondary drive. The problem was, Some applications I wanted on my SSD for performance reasons and there was no way to change back to the setting "Default location..." Because CC installs both a 32 bit and 64 bit version of some applications, I wanted to make sure that it put them in the correct "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders. After some poking about in the config files I finally found out how to do it.

(NOTE: The path below is for Windows 8 and possibly Windows 7, for other OS's it will likely be in a similiar path)

1. Close the Adobe Creative Cloud app (File > Quit)
  2. Open this file in notepad: C:\Users\ExampleUser\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\com.adobe.accc.apps.....prefs
  3. Search through the text untill you find the install location that you set. Mine was "E:\Program Files\"
  4. Delete only that path (leave the <) and then save the file.
  5. Relaunch the Adobe Creative Cloud app

Then check the Install Location in Preferences. It should now be set back to "Default Location..."

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know the equivalent for Mac OS X?  I've tried to monkey with all the .plist files I can find with no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac OS X (Yosemite) I found you need to do the following:

1. Quit the Creative Cloud Application in the title bar.

2. Open Activity Monitor, find the Process named "Adobe Desktop Service". Click the stop sign icon with an "x" in it and select Quit to stop this process.

3. Edit the file ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/com.adobe.accc.apps.....prefs

a. Same as in the Windows case, find the line with "installLocation" and delete everything containing a file path between the following ">" and "<"

4. Restart Adobe Creative Cloud from /Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud/Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got to the folder "OOBE" but there were no "com" folders or files within there. I even did a search for "com.adobe.accc.apps" and found nothing on my computer anywhere. Is there another way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you ever found it or fixed it, but the com.adobe.accc.apps....prefs is a file in the OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to figure out how to restore it? Same here, I got to the "OOBE" folder and all I could find are these:Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 01.06.11.png

Inside "PDApp":

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 01.06.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bcbrookman !

I changed apps path thinking I was changing the Creative Cloud Files location...

It worked on Windows 10 v1903 and Creative Cloud 4.9.0.504.

Moreover, I just had to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!
7 years ago and it is still working

Confirmed on Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines