Highlighted

how to retain the color in a client's logo when changing from rgb to cmyk

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am working on a project for a client and got a logo from them in pdf & png format, but they are both rgb. 

The logo is a bright blue and when I try to change it to cmyk for print the color changes. 

I have tried in lots of different ways to maintain their color but with no luck. 

I have to keep the color because it is the brand and it is a big company. 

They have already said this is all they have and always use these so it should work

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to retain the color in a client's logo when changing from rgb to cmyk

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am working on a project for a client and got a logo from them in pdf & png format, but they are both rgb. 

The logo is a bright blue and when I try to change it to cmyk for print the color changes. 

I have tried in lots of different ways to maintain their color but with no luck. 

I have to keep the color because it is the brand and it is a big company. 

They have already said this is all they have and always use these so it should work

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which application you are using

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sorry you're right.

I tried Photoshop and Illustrator. 

I am uploading a photo of the difference which is too vast to get approval 

from my client so any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.31.51.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bright blue can't be printed in CMYK. Ask them for the print specifications of their branding colour. They might require spot colour.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines