Highlighted

How to stop creative cloud app on mac from starting? its killing my CPU

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use creative cloud (to be honest, I don tknow what it is). I do have lightroom classic and photoshop subscription.

the creative cloud app consumes considerable CPU (around 5-10% constantly), and racks up tens of CPU hours.

So I need to get rid of it, but not get rid of photoshop nor lightroom. And I need to be able to update photoshop and lightroom without the creative cloud app.

How does one remove the creative cloud app on mac?  Windows is easy, you just go to add/remove programs and remove it, which will remove it, and all its data.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to stop creative cloud app on mac from starting? its killing my CPU

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use creative cloud (to be honest, I don tknow what it is). I do have lightroom classic and photoshop subscription.

the creative cloud app consumes considerable CPU (around 5-10% constantly), and racks up tens of CPU hours.

So I need to get rid of it, but not get rid of photoshop nor lightroom. And I need to be able to update photoshop and lightroom without the creative cloud app.

How does one remove the creative cloud app on mac?  Windows is easy, you just go to add/remove programs and remove it, which will remove it, and all its data.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High CPU or power use when Adobe Creative Cloud is idle on Mac OS 10.11

but if you no longer wish to use adobe programs:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 1
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I still need to be able to use and update photoshop and lightroom classic. Can I do this without the battery and performance killing creative cloud app?  I assume the creative cloud app is constantly searching my HD or other work to use so much power and CPU, which is completely unacceptable as it has no purpose whatsoever. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, my current work around is to manually quit the creative cloud app each time I boot up my mac, but sometimes I forget and before I know it my battery is dead due to its CPU intensive malware.  Perhaps as a better solution, someone could tell me how to write a script on the mac which kills it after it starts, so its only running for a few seconds after boot?  It windows you could put a script in the startup folder, which could kill a process. I guess the same thing is possible on the mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the first link in message 1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Did you try, in CreativeCloud->Preferences, to untick "Launch CreativeCloud at login"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0